Sunday, February 12, 2017

Bears Make the Best Reading Buddies by Carmen Oliver & Illustrated by Jean Claude

My Bookish Itinerary: Cutie Pie's Shelf Children's Book Review


Title: Bears Make the Best Reading Buddies

Author: Carmen Oliver
Illustrator: Jean Claude
Length: 33 pages
Publisher: Capstone Young Readers
Classification: Children's Book
Release Date: March 1, 2016
Source: Library Book
All the students in the class are assigned reading buddies. Except for Adelaide. She already has one. A bear! And Adelaide is quite persuasive as she explains to her language arts teacher, Mrs. Fitz-Pea, and the reader, that bears really do make the best reading buddies. They sniff out good books. Their claws are just right for turning pages.



Cutie Pie is 9 years old & Cutie Pie #2 is 5 years old


First Thoughts:

Cutie Pie: I LOVE it!

Cutie Pie #2: It is good.

What is this book about?

Cutie Pie #1: It is about Adelaide explaining how bears make the best reading partners.

Cutie Pie #2: About a bear going to school.

What was your favorite part of the story?

Cutie Pie: The end.

Cutie Pie #2: I don't have one.

Why did you like it/why don't you have one?

Cutie Pie: Because it was awesome. I just love it!

Cutie Pie #2: Because I love it all and it was all good.

Is there anything you didn't like about this book?

Cutie Pie: No, I loved it all. 

Cutie Pie #2: No, I loved all of it.

Do you like the illustrations?

Cutie Pie: Yes. The pictures are awesome!

Cutie Pie #2: Yes, I love all of those too.

Who do you think will like this book?

Cutie Pie: Everyone. Especially book lovers!

Cutie Pie #2: Everybody in the whole entire world.


Rating:

Cutie Pie:


Cutie Pie #2


I picked this one up at the library because of the title and how adorable the cover is. It seemed like the perfect book or us to read. And I am really glad that we did. Both of my girls really enjoyed hearing this story and I had fun reading it to them.

Bears Make the Best Reading Buddies is a really cute book about a girl trying to convince her teacher of all the wonderful reasons of having a bear as a reading buddy. She is very persuasive with excellent points and fun reasons why having a bear as her reading buddy would be best.

I think this is a lovely pro-reading story that shares good examples of how buddy reading can be fun. We enjoyed reading it and found it to be cute and enjoyable. Definitely worth a read!

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3