Sunday, January 28, 2018

Woodpecker Wants a Waffle by Steve Breen

My Bookish Itinerary Cutie Pie's Shelf Children's Book Review
Title: Woodpecker Wants a Waffle
By: Steve Breen
Length: 32 pages
Publisher: HarperCollins
Classification: Children's Book
Release Date: June 14, 2016
Source: Library Book
One day Benny the woodpecker awakens to the best tummy-rumbling smell ever and discovers it’s something called waffles. He must taste them!
He pecks on the door of the waffle house, but he gets the boot.
He tries to sneak in, but he gets swept away.
Each time Benny tries, he just can’t seem to get to those delicious waffles. The other forest animals laugh at him: “Woodpeckers don’t eat waffles!” they say. But Benny has a brilliant plan. . . .
Steve Breen has created a delightful picture book with pitch-perfect humor and tons of visual gags that will keep readers coming back for more! Now a Chicago Public Library Best of the Best Book of 2016!
Cutie Pie is 10 years old & Cutie Pie #2 is 6 years old


First Thoughts:

Cutie Pie: I didn't like it that much.

Cutie Pie #2: It was fun.

What is this book about?

Cutie Pie #1: It is about a woodpecker who wants some waffles.

Cutie Pie #2: It is about him trying to get the waffles.

What was your favorite part of the story?

Cutie Pie: I didn't have one.

Cutie Pie #2: I didn't have a favorite part.

Why did you like it/why don't you have one??

Cutie Pie: There wasn't anything I really like for me to have a favorite part.

Cutie Pie #2: Because it was all so awesome.

Is there anything you didn't like about this book?

Cutie Pie: I just don't get it. I don't get the point of the book. It seems childish.

Cutie Pie #2: No. I loved all of it.

Do you like the illustrations?

Cutie Pie: Yeah, the pictures are good.

Cutie Pie #2: Yes. 

Who do you think will like this book?

Cutie Pie: Mostly little kids. 

Cutie Pie #2: Everybody.


Rating:

Cutie Pie:

Cutie Pie #2



This is another story we checked out from the library because it is on the Sunshine State Young Readers list for the 2017-2018 school year. And I am SO GLAD that we did.
I LOVED reading this book. Woodpecker Wants a Waffle is a fun and very entertaining story. It had me laughing, as well as, my 6 year old daughter. We read this story several times. I think it is one of those stories that I will be thinking about for a long time after reading it. I told one of my friends all about it and told her that she should check it out to read with her kids. I also told several members of my family about the story including my Mom and Grandma. I really enjoyed it. My 6 year old daughter loved the story too. But my 10 year old daughter didn't enjoy it as much as we did.
Woodpecker Wants a Waffle is about a woodpecker named Benny. One morning Benny wakes up to the wonderful smell of waffles. So naturally he really wants to taste those waffles. But every time he tries to get into the waffle house, he ends right back outside without getting to have a waffle. The other animals all poke fun at Benny because "Woodpeckers don't eat waffles" but that doesn't stop Benny from coming up with the perfect plan.
Woodpecker Wants a Waffle is a cute and fun story full of laugh out loud moments. I really enjoyed reading the book with my 6 year old and it is one that I think we will read again. I highly recommend checking this book out!

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3