Sunday, April 16, 2017

The Duckling Gets a Cookie!? by Mo Willems

Cutie Pie's Shelf Children's Book Review on My Bookish Itinerary

Title: The Duckling Gets a Cookie!?

Author: Mo Willems
Length: 40 pages
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Classification: Children's Book
Release Date: April 3, 2012
Much to the chagrin of Pigeon, little Duckling uses very polite manners to request a cookie, and actually gets one. Filled with righteous fury, Pigeon loses his temper and complains bitterly about this terrible state of affairs. However, things aren't what they seem, and Duckling has a secret plan! Part of the bestselling Pigeon series by genius children's book author and illustrator Mo Willems.


Cutie Pie is 10 years old & Cutie Pie #2 is 6 years old


First Thoughts:

Cutie Pie: I think it is really funny.

Cutie Pie #2: It is funny! It is hilarious.

What is this book about?

Cutie Pie #1: It is about the Duckling wanting a cookie, then the Pigeon sees that cookie and he wants a cookie too.

Cutie Pie #2: The Pigeon wanted a cookie. 

What was your favorite part of the story?

Cutie Pie: The ending.

Cutie Pie #2: I don't have a favorite part.

Why did you like it/why don't you have one??

Cutie Pie: It was so funny!

Cutie Pie #2: Because it is all hilarious. I love it all.

Is there anything you didn't like about this book?

Cutie Pie: No, I loved it all.

Cutie Pie #2: NO! I LOVE IT. I give it all the stars that I could give it. It is hilarious.

Do you like the illustrations?

Cutie Pie: Yes, I love them.

Cutie Pie #2: Yes! I love the pictures. Especially the picture where Pigeon says "NOOOOOOO".

Who do you think will like this book?

Cutie Pie: Everybody. Especially little kids.

Cutie Pie #2: I think everybody will because it is hilarious.


Rating:

Cutie Pie:


Cutie Pie #2


The girls were so excited when we brought this one home from the library! We have enjoyed reading some of the Pigeon books now and I think it is safe to say that this is one of their favorites in the series.
The Duckling Gets a Cookie!? is a very adorable book about our beloved character Pigeon and a new character named Duckling. In this story, Duckling gets a cookie and of course, Pigeon doesn't think it is fair since he really wants a cookie.
This is a cute addition to the other Pigeon books. The Duckling is really adorable and I love how the character uses good manners. I think it is a great book to use to show good manners and the right way to ask for something. This one made the girls laugh a lot as well.
The Duckling Gets a Cookie!? is a cute and fun story that will make kids laugh. It is very entertaining and definitely a book that my girls will want to read over and over again. I highly recommend checking it out!

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3