Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday #97: Authors I've Met

Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Their blog can be found here.


March 28: Top Ten Authors I'm Dying To Meet / Ten Authors I Can't Believe I've Met  (some other "meeting authors" type spin you want to do)


I actually haven't had the chance to meet that many authors, at least enough to pick ten favorites from that list. But I am VERY HAPPY with getting the chance to meet the six authors that I have had the chance to meet!


Maggie Stiefvater
Back in 2014, when I was on vacation in Pennsylvania, I got the chance to go to a Maggie Stiefvater book signing for Sinner in Pittsburgh. It was awesome! I really enjoyed it and it was so cool to get a few of my Stiefvater books signed. (I didn't take them all with me because I didn't want to take too many and because I was bringing them all the way from Florida.) I have been a Stiefvater fan since getting my first copy of Shiver from my brother-in-law and sister-in-law for Christmas one year. (I want to say it was 2010). She is one of my all-time favorite authors now. I also really enjoyed going to this book signing because I got to meet Cassie from My Thoughts...Literally! She is so nice and fun to talk to. 



Lynne Matson
I actually don't have a picture with Lynne Matson. (Sad face.) But I am super happy I had the chance to meet her really quickly. She was driving from South Florida to a book signing/conference somewhere and asked on Twitter if anyone would go to bookstores that were on her way up and I said I would totally drive to Pensacola to meet her. And she did. It was so cool getting the chance to meet her and say hi. Plus get her to sign my copy of NIL! Plus my oldest drew her a picture of an island with a palm tree. She had asked me what her book was about so she could draw a picture to bring for her. So I just said it was about an island. I am so thankful Lynne was able to stop and meet us!

 Anna Banks
This was also in 2014. Anna Banks is a local(ish) author. She is from Niceville, FL. Which is also in the Panhandle of Florida. So I was very excited when I found out she was having a book signing for Of  Neptune in Fort Walton. I drove over there and was so nervous to meet her. She is so nice and funny. I really enjoyed getting the chance to talk to her and to get a signed copy of Of Neptune. I can't wait until I have the chance to go to another one of her book signings. (I missed the last one.)




Dan Wells
I actually forgot to ask Dan Wells if we could get a picture. But I did get the chance to meet him at Pensacon in 2015. He is really nice and I enjoyed getting to talk to him. I still need to finish reading his Partials Sequence trilogy!


Robin Hobb
I was able to meet Robin Hobb at Pensacon this year. It was a lot of fun getting the chance to talk to her and buy two of her books. She is so nice. I am really looking forward to reading her Farseer trilogy this year, now that I have all three books. 






Sherrilyn Kenyon
I met Sherrilyn Kenyon back in 2015 at Pensacon. I have only read Fantasy Lover by her, but she is one of my Mom's favorite authors. So I of course had to buy a book to get signed for her. It was really nice getting to talk to Sherrilyn. She is very kind. She also let me get a video of her saying hi to my mom, (which was actually Dan Wells' idea because he heard the story of one of the celebrities that we met taking a video with my family and saying hi to my mom. which was really funny.). I am looking forward to reading more of her books. And am so grateful I had the chance to meet her and get a book signed for my mom. 

Isaac Marion
He is actually the first book signing event I ever went to. I was so nervous to meet him. I went to FANdom Con (an Anime Convention) in 2013 just to meet him and get him to sign my copy of Warm Bodies. I also got to listen to a panel that he was on about writing. I really enjoyed going. 

These are the authors that I have met so far. I hope that I will get the chance to meet many more authors in the future. Have you had the chance to meet many authors? Who has been your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3