Monday, March 20, 2017

The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson

My Bookish Itinerary: Book Review


Title: The Unexpected Everything

Author: Morgan Matson
Length: 519 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Classification: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Release Date: May 3, 2016
Source: Hardback
Andie had it all planned out. When you are a politician’s daughter who’s pretty much raised yourself, you learn everything can be planned or spun, or both. Especially your future. Important internship? Check. Amazing friends? Check. Guys? Check (as long as we’re talking no more than three weeks).
But that was before the scandal. Before having to be in the same house with her dad. Before walking an insane number of dogs. That was before Clark and those few months that might change her whole life. Because here’s the thing—if everything’s planned out, you can never find the unexpected. And where’s the fun in that?

GoodReads || Amazon || Barnes & Noble || Books-a-Million || Book Depository

I have read other books by Morgan Matson and have loved them all, so I was super excited when I first heard about The Unexpected Everything. I knew this was a book that I HAD to read. I had pretty high expectations going into this one since I love all of her other stories and this book did not disappoint me at all. The Unexpected Everything had everything I wanted and more (which is not very surprising for me since I love Matson's writing)! The Unexpected Everything has friendship, romance, summer shenanigans, and family relationships. I really loved reading it!

I enjoyed the story and found it fun and interesting. I had no problem getting into the story and keeping my nose stuck in the book. I was a bit surprised by how long the story is, but I enjoyed reading every page.

The thing I love most about Morgan Matson's writing is the way she writes friendships. And that is true with this book as well. I LOVE the friendship between Andie, Toby, Bri, and Palmer. It is so sweet and sincere. An epic friendship, where friends will do anything and everything for each other. I love the way they care about one another. I also love how it shows the ups and downs of friendship. That there are sometimes fights and arguments.

I really liked the main character, Andie. She has some major character growth in this story. Which I love. I really liked her relationship with her father. I also really enjoyed Clark. He is so adorable and cute. I loved their relationship development and the interactions between the two of them.


My Recommendation:

I really enjoyed reading this book. It had everything I like in Contemporary Romance. Wonderful characters, amazing friendships, adorable romance, and interesting story that made me keep turning the pages. I was a bit surprised by how long it is, but I loved every page. I know this is one that I will be rereading in the future! I highly recommend reading it if you enjoy reading this genre!

My Rating:



Connecticut

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3