Sunday, April 22, 2018

Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! by Mo Willems

Title: Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!
Author and Illustrator: Mo Willems
Length: 36 pages
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Classification: Children's Book
Release Date: April 1, 2003 
Source: Library Book
When a bus driver takes a break from his route, a very unlikely volunteer springs up to take his place-a pigeon! But you've never met one like this before. As he pleads, wheedles, and begs his way through the book, children will love being able to answer back and decide his fate. In his hilarious picture book debut, popular cartoonist Mo Willems perfectly captures a preschooler's temper tantrum.
Cutie Pie is 10 years old & Cutie Pie #2 is 6 years old


First Thoughts:

Cutie Pie: It is funny and it will leave you begging for more.

Cutie Pie #2: It is funny!

What is this book about?

Cutie Pie #1: It is about the Pigeon wanting to drive the bus. P.S. - Not a good idea!

Cutie Pie #2: The Pigeon wants to drive the bus.

What was your favorite part of the story?

Cutie Pie: My favorite part was when the bus driver came back.

Cutie Pie #2: I don't have one.

Why did you like it/why don't you have one??

Cutie Pie: Because then the Pigeon can't try to drive it anymore because the actual bus driver is back.

Cutie Pie #2: Because all of it is just so funny!

Is there anything you didn't like about this book?

Cutie Pie: No, I like it all. 

Cutie Pie #2: No. I love all of it!

Do you like the illustrations?

Cutie Pie: Yes. They are great.

Cutie Pie #2: Yes. I love them!

Who do you think will like this book?

Cutie Pie: A lot of young kids. And probably some adults.

Cutie Pie #2: Everyone. I think everyone will think it is funny.


Rating:

Cutie Pie:

Cutie Pie #2:



Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! is actually the first book in the Pigeon series by Mo Willems, but it was actually the fourth Pigeon book that we read. I do really like that you can read these books in any order and still enjoy them and know what is happening. My girls love reading the Pigeon books, so every time we find a new one at the library we do not hesitate in checking it out.

In this story, the bus driver asks us to make sure that the pigeon doesn't drive the bus. While the bus driver is away, the pigeon asks repetitively for us to let him drive the bus. He tries really hard to convince the reader that they should allow him to do it. I love that the story is interactive. My youngest enjoyed answering the characters and being involved in the story.

We all enjoyed reading this story together. I especially think younger children will enjoy listening to this story being read because it is interactive. My girls had fun and laughed while I read it to them. Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! is an entertaining story and a must read whether you've already read any of the Pigeon books or not.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3