Monday, April 9, 2018

From My Notebook #2: Thoughts & Quotes - How to Find Love in a Bookshop by Veronica Henry

Feature at My Bookish Itinerary
When I read I write notes, thoughts, and quotes about the book in a notebook. I sometimes write drafts or full book reviews in my notebooks too. And sometimes I forget to write up a review from those notes. Or sometimes I would forget to type up and/or post those reviews. So From My Notebook will be the notes, thoughts, quotes, or full reviews that I had in one of my notebooks from other the past years that I forgot to share before. 




Title: How to Find Love in a Bookshop
Author: Veronica Henry
Length: 340 pages
Publisher: Pamela Dorman Books
Classification: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Release Date: August 15, 2017
Source: Library Book
Read: January 2018
Everyone has a story . . . but will they get the happy ending they deserve?
Emilia has just returned to her idyllic Cotswold hometown to rescue the family business. Nightingale Books is a dream come true for book-lovers, but the best stories aren't just within the pages of the books she sells - Emilia's customers have their own tales to tell.
There's the lady of the manor who is hiding a secret close to her heart; the single dad looking for books to share with his son but who isn't quite what he seems; and the desperately shy chef trying to find the courage to talk to her crush . . .
And as for Emilia's story, can she keep the promise she made to her father and save Nightingale Books?
GoodReads || Amazon || Barnes & Noble || Books-a-Million || Book Depository


I found this book in the library when I was walking up to check out the books I had picked out. I stopped to look at the New Books section and found How to Find Love in a Bookshop there. The title and the cover instantly grabbed my attention, so I picked it up and read the synopsis. That is when I knew I wanted to read this book. 

I am really glad that I checked it out. I really enjoyed reading this story. It was very entertaining. There are a lot of different characters that you get to know while reading this book. And it was pretty easy for me to want to find out what was going to happen to each of them. 

I actually didn't take that many notes while reading this book. I was completely hooked though. I needed to know what was going to happen. I needed to find out if each one of the characters were going to have their happy endings. I was very interested in finding out what was going to happen to Emilia and the bookstore, Nightingale Books. 

I LOVED the friendships in this story. I loved the characters too. I really enjoyed the interactions as well. This book had a lot of cuteness in it. But there are sad parts too.  I did like this book a lot. I recommend giving How to Find Love in a Bookshop a read!

Quotes I Really Liked:
"That was the whole point of Nightingale Books. It cast a spell over its customers by introducing them to the magic."  -How to Find Love in a Bookshop by Veronica Henry, pg 187
"I have lots of favorites. That's the trouble with books. You can never choose your favorite. It changes depending on your mood." -How to Find Love in a Bookshop by Veronica Henry, pg 230

My Rating:
 

United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3