Sunday, April 8, 2018

The Book With No Pictures by B.J. Novak

My Bookish Itinerary Cutie Pie's Shelf Children's Book Review
Title: The Book With No Pictures
Author: B.J. Novak
Length: 48 pages
Publisher: Dial Books
Classification: Children's Book
Release Date: September 2014
Source: Library Book
A book with no pictures? 
What could be fun about that?
After all, if a book has no pictures, there's nothing to look at but the words on the page. 
Words that might make you say silly sounds... In ridiculous voices...
Hey, what kind of book is this, anyway?
At once disarmingly simple and ingeniously imaginative, The Book With No Pictures inspires laughter every time it is opened, creating a warm and joyous experience to share--and introducing young children to the powerful idea that the written word can be an unending source of mischief and delight.
Cutie Pie is 10 years old & Cutie Pie #2 is 6 years old


First Thoughts:

Cutie Pie: It is a book for kids with no pictures.

Cutie Pie #2: It is funny.

What is this book about?

Cutie Pie #1: It is about being a book with no pictures that makes you say funny things.

Cutie Pie #2: Adults saying funny words.

What was your favorite part of the story?

Cutie Pie: I don't have a favorite part.

Cutie Pie #2: All of it.

Why did you like it/why don't you have one??

Cutie Pie: Because it is all really good.

Cutie Pie #2: Because all of it is funny.

Is there anything you didn't like about this book?

Cutie Pie: Nope.

Cutie Pie #2: The mean parts, like when you have to sing the song.

Who do you think will like this book?

Cutie Pie: Anyone. 

Cutie Pie #2: People who like silly things.


Rating:

Cutie Pie:


Cutie Pie #2



I actually heard really good things about this book years ago, probably not long after it had been published, but for some reason I never thought to go check it out. It was probably one of those "Oh, I should check that book out sometime" then forgot about it. Then my 6 year old came home one day last year saying that her kindergarten teacher read it to the class and that she loved it. So I said we would have to check it out sometime so she could read it with me, then I forgot about it again. Until she brought it home from the library to read with me.
She didn't like that I made her read it to me first, and while reading it, I understood why. She loves the book and all the silliness it has in it. But she wanted me to be the one saying all the silly things. Instead, I was making her read it all to me. I did go back and read the story to her and my other daughter after she was done, so we could review it together.
I think The Book With No Pictures is a very unique story. I haven't read anything quite like it before. The girls enjoyed how funny and silly the story is. And it is honestly pretty fun to read. My girls laughed a lot while I read it to them.
If you haven't checked this book out yet, I do recommend giving it a read. I found it very entertaining to see how much fun my girls were having while we read it.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3