Sunday, January 21, 2018

Let Me Finish! By Minh Le and Illustrated by Isabel Roxas

Title: Let Me Finish!
Author: Minh Le
Illustrator: Isabel Roxas
Length: 20 pages
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Classification: Children's Book
Release Date: June 7, 2016
Source: Library Book
When our young hero settles in to read, the last thing he wants is for some noisy animals to ruin the ending of the story.
But ruin it they do. 
And as it turns out, the boy is quickly approaching a surprise ending of his own! Maybe he should have listened to the animals after all. . . . This silly, timeless picturebook with a clever meta twist introduces debut author Minh L 's witty text and Isabel Roxas's eye-catching illustrations.


Cutie Pie is 10 years old & Cutie Pie #2 is 6 years old


First Thoughts:

Cutie Pie: It was funny. It is really great for book lovers.

Cutie Pie #2: I think it was great, it is funny and it is perfect. So funny, I was laughing. 

What is this book about?

Cutie Pie #1: It is about a boy who tries to read a ton of books, but the thing is all the animals keep telling him the ending.

Cutie Pie #2: It is about him trying to finish reading books and the animals keep spoiling it.

What was your favorite part of the story?

Cutie Pie: When the rhino said that he wasn't finished.

Cutie Pie #2: My favorite part is all of it!

Why did you like it/why don't you have one??

Cutie Pie: Because the rhino said he wasn't finished but when the boy said he wasn't finished, of course that didn't stop the rhino from trying to spoil the ending.

Cutie Pie #2: Because it was funny. 

Is there anything you didn't like about this book?

Cutie Pie: No, it is pretty good.

Cutie Pie #2: I loved all of it!

Do you like the illustrations?

Cutie Pie: Yes, they are really good.

Cutie Pie #2: Yes, I like them. They are perfect.

Who do you think will like this book?

Cutie Pie: Probably people who get spoiled about books or movies. 

Cutie Pie #2: Um...people who love to read.


Rating:

Cutie Pie:

Cutie Pie #2

We picked this book out from the library because it is one of the Sunshine State Young Readers books for 2017-2018 school year. I think Let Me Finish! is a fun and very entertaining story. It seems like Spoilers are a big part of the entertainment world these days. It is easy to get spoiled for books, movies and TV shows. I have heard my two girls talk about not trying not to spoil things for their dad when we watch Disney movies we've already seen, but he hasn't. So it is pretty easy to relate to the main character in Let Me Finish!. 
This story is about a young boy that just wants to finish reading his books without being told what is going to happen. But every place he goes to read, there is an animal ready to tell him what happens at the end of the book.
Let Me Finish! is laugh out loud funny. My 6 year old couldn't stop laughing. It kept our attention to the very end. This book had an unique twist ending that we didn't see coming. I'm very glad that we read this book, in fact I read it with my 6 year old a few times before we turned it back in to the library. I definitely recommend checking this one out!

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3