Sunday, February 4, 2018

Dragon was Terrible by Kelly DiPucchio and Illustrated by Greg Pizzoli

Cutie Pie's Shelf Children's Book Review on My Bookish Itinerary


Title: Dragon Was Terrible

Author: Kelly DiPucchio
Illustrator: Greg Pizzoli
Length: 40 pages
Publisher: Farrar, Straus, and Giroux
Classification: Children's Book
Release Date: August 23, 2016
Source: Library Book
We all know dragons are terrible, but this one is especially terrible. He scribbles in books. He steals candy from baby unicorns. He even burps in church. Seriously, who does that? Dragon, that's who. The king, the knights, and the villagers are desperate to take down this beast once and for all. But sometimes it's up to the unlikeliest of heroes to tame a dragon this terrible.



Cutie Pie is 10 years old & Cutie Pie #2 is 6 years old


First Thoughts:

Cutie Pie: I think it is great!

Cutie Pie #2: I liked it.

What is this book about?

Cutie Pie #1: It is about the Terrible Dragon.

Cutie Pie #2: The story is about the Dragon being terrible and mean.

What was your favorite part of the story?

Cutie Pie: My favorite part was the end.

Cutie Pie #2: When the boy makes friends with the dragon.

Why did you like it/why don't you have one??

Cutie Pie: Because it is really really great and I love the King's reward!

Cutie Pie #2: Because they became friends.

Is there anything you didn't like about this book?

Cutie Pie: No, I loved it!

Cutie Pie #2:  No, I liked it all.

Do you like the illustrations?

Cutie Pie: Of course I do!

Cutie Pie #2: Yes, yes, yes.

Who do you think will like this book?

Cutie Pie: I think everyone or at least most people!

Cutie Pie #2: I think some young kids and maybe some adults.


Rating:

Cutie Pie:

Cutie Pie #2:



I checked this one out from the library because Greg Pizzoli drew the pictures and we like his books and his illustrations! Plus the title really caught my attention.
I am so glad we found Dragon Was Terrible at the library and read it because I really enjoyed it.
Dragon Was Terrible is about a dragon that goes around the kingdom committing one terrible act after another. The king offers a reward to the person that can stop the dragon.
I think that Dragon Was Terrible is a fun and very entertaining story. I love the writing style and the illustrations are wonderful. We found the story to be quite funny. You can also point out how mean and terrible the things the dragon is doing as examples of bad behavior.
Both girls seemed to really enjoy reading this one. Though my 6 year old didn't quite enjoy the story as much as my 10 year old did.
I very much enjoyed reading Dragon Was Terrible. I recommend checking it out. And I plan to check out other books by author Kelly DiPucchio because we enjoyed her writing.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3