2016 Book Blogger Love-a-Thon
Hosted by: Alexa (Alexa Loves Books), Cee (The Novel Hermit), Hazel (Stay Bookish) & Mel (The Daily Prophecy)
Hi! I am so happy to be participating in this year's Love-A-Thon. This will be my 3rd year and I have enjoyed participating every year. I hope everyone has a fun time participating!
- What’s your name? Stephanie
- Where in the world are you blogging from? Florida!
- How did you get into blogging in the first place? I created a book blog one night back in August 2013. I have been an avid reader for as long as I can remember. I got my love for books from my mom. So one night I decided I wanted to do a bookish hobby and my guy suggested reviewing books. So I created a book blog, in hopes of sharing my love for books with others. But I didn't start actively blogging until February 2014 when I participated in the LOVE-A-THON! YAY!
- How did you come up with your blog name? Well...my old blog name was Her Reviews of Books, Movies, and Everything. But it felt WAY TOO LONG. So last year I changed to My Bookish Itinerary. It came to me one night when I was thinking about how books can take you anywhere and it just seemed right.
- What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? Young Adult
- What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews? I like to post Top Ten Tuesday and Waiting on Wednesday posts. I also started posting "My Latest Binge" posts where I share the things that I have been binge watching/reading.
- Best blogging experience so far? Um...I am not really sure. I like that since becoming a blogger, I have found so many new books and authors to love. And that is something that I probably wouldn't have achieved without starting my blog.
- Favorite thing about the blogging community? The people! There are so many nice authors and bloggers. Bookish people are awesome!
- Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016! I am super excited for A LOT of books this year, it is really hard to pick only 5. But here are the first 5 that came to mind:
- Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years! Another question that has more than just 5 books as an answer. I have A TON of books I need to read that I missed reading in previous years. Here are the first 5 that came to mind:
- What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read? I really loved reading The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes.
- Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF? That is a hard question. I would love to be part of the group from The Raven Cycle books by Maggie Stiefvater. I love their friendships and I think they would be fun to hang out with!
- Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend? Thorne (The Lunar Chronicles series) or Rowan (Throne of Glass series)
- Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max) Another hard question, there are so many awesome choices. I guess I would have to pick: Celaena (Throne of Glass), Kell (A Darker Shade of Magic), Safi (Truthwitch), Tarver (These Broken Stars), and Hermione (Harry Potter)
- Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests? Spending time with my family and friends. Watching TV shows. Playing Video Games (Dragon Age is one of my all-time favorites. I have played Origins, DA II, and almost finished with Inquisition!) Playing Board Games. Crafts.
- Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for? Arts & Crafts things. Pens and Notebooks.
- At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing? Well there are probably a lot of different songs that could be my song. But one song that really resonates with me right now is Never Grow Up- Taylor Swift. I first started listening to that song when my second child was a baby. I think the song is beautiful. It makes me think of my two girls.
- Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer!
- What would your dream library look like? A nice big room, lined with overflowing bookshelves. And a big comfy chair to sit in.
- Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with? I don't drink tea, but I would definitely like to meet and drink something else with Sarah J. Maas or Marissa Meyer!
Thanks so much for stopping by and getting to know me a bit better! Make sure to leave me a link to your questionnaire/blog so I can check it out!