Sunday, July 10, 2016

How to Find Gold by Viviane Schwarz

My Bookish Itinerary Cutie Pie's Shelf Children's Book Reviews


Title: How to Find Gold

Author: Viviane Schwarz
Length: 32 pages
Publisher: Candlewick Press
Classification: Children's Book
Release Date: March 8, 2016
Source: Library Book
Finding gold isn’t easy. In fact it’s dangerous and difficult. It requires planning. First, Crocodile and Anna practice their secret-keeping faces. Then Anna lifts Crocodile up, to be sure she’s strong enough to carry gold. Together, they draw the whole world, with an X to mark the spot. Now Anna fetches the boat, and off they sail. What will they discover?



Cutie Pie is 9 years old & Cutie Pie #2 is 5 years old


First Thoughts:

Cutie Pie: I think it is kind of funny.

Cutie Pie #2: I really liked it.

What is this book about?

Cutie Pie #1: About a crocodile and a child who wants to find gold.

Cutie Pie #2: About them finding gold.

What was your favorite part of the story?

Cutie Pie: When they found the gold.

Cutie Pie #2: That they found a lot of gold.

Why did you like it?

Cutie Pie: Because it made me happy.

Cutie Pie #2: Because they buried the treasure like a pirate.

Is there anything you didn't like about this book?

Cutie Pie: Nope.

Cutie Pie #2: No. I liked all of it.

Do you like the illustrations?

Cutie Pie: Yes. I think they are great. 

Cutie Pie #2: I like all the pictures.

Who do you think will like this book?

Cutie Pie: Everyone.

Cutie Pie #2: Everyone.


Rating:

Cutie Pie:

Cutie Pie #2



We found this book at the library in the New Book section. I am so glad the library had this book, because it was a lot of fun to read.
This story is about a girl and a crocodile. They want to find some gold. They discuss how to find gold and go through the steps to find it. Like having a map with an X on it. Anna and crocodile go on an adventure to find some gold.
This story is a lot of fun and very entertaining. It held the girls' attention the entire time and made them laugh. I really enjoyed the story as well. My favorite part of How to Find Gold, are the illustrations. The illustrations are so wonderful and lovely. Colorful and eye-catching.
I really enjoyed reading this story with my girls. I recommend giving it a read. I think it will be a great read for elementary school children. Especially if they like books about treasure and adventure!

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3