Sunday, September 18, 2016

Squid and Octopus Friends for Always by Tao Nyeu

My Bookish Itinerary: Cutie Pie's Shelf Children's Book Review


Title: Squid and Octopus Friends for Always

Author & Illustrator: Tao Nyeu
Length: 40 pages
Publisher: Dial Books for Young Readers
Classification: Children's Book
Release Date: June 28, 2012
Source: Library Book
A friend for always is someone who... knows how to cheer you up when you're feeling droopy, usually sees things your way, and never lets a quarrel get out of hand. As you'll see in these endearing, silly stories, a friend for always is the very best thing in the deep blue sea.



Cutie Pie is 9 years old & Cutie Pie #2 is 5 years old


First Thoughts:

Cutie Pie: I think it is a good book.

Cutie Pie #2: I liked this book a lot!

What is this book about?

Cutie Pie #1: It is about a Squid and an Octopus being friends forever.

Cutie Pie #2: About a Squid and an Octopus.

What was your favorite part of the story?

Cutie Pie: I didn't really have a favorite part.

Cutie Pie #2: That the Octopus thought the cowboy shoe was a hat. 

Why did you like it?

Cutie Pie: Because I think it was all very good. Too hard to pick a favorite.

Cutie Pie #2: Because it was super funny!

Is there anything you didn't like about this book?

Cutie Pie: No, I liked it.

Cutie Pie #2: I liked all of it.

Do you like the illustrations?

Cutie Pie: I think they are really good. 

Cutie Pie #2: I liked all the illustrations.

Who do you think will like this book?

Cutie Pie: Everyone!

Cutie Pie #2: Everyone!


Rating:

Cutie Pie:

Cutie Pie #2



Squid and Octopus: Friends for Always is a book that has four stories in it. Stories about the friendship between Squid and Octopus. I think this is a really cute book. It is a wonderful example of how friendship really is. Sometimes there are disagreements. Sometimes we need a friend to help us realize how awesome we really are. A friend that sees things the way that you do. Someone that will be there for you always. I really enjoyed reading this book with my girls. I love the pictures. The little comments made by the other sea creatures are fun and entertaining. This is a great book to read with children.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3