Sunday, November 20, 2016

The Leaves on the Trees by Thom Wiley & Illustrated by Andrew Day

My Bookish Itinerary - Cutie Pie's Shelf - Children's Book Review

Title: The Leaves on the Trees

Author: Thom Wiley
Illustrator: Andrew Day
Length: 24 pages
Publisher: Cartwheel Books (Imprint of Scholastic)
Classification: Children's Book
Release Date: July 1, 2011
Source: Paperback
THE LEAVES ON THE TREES revels in the sights, sounds, smells, and general feeling of the autumn leaves. 
Based on the classic song, "The Wheels on the Bus," THE LEAVES ON THE TREES explores all types of trees making the magical transformation from the green leaves of summer to fascinating foliage of fall. 




Cutie Pie is 9 years old & Cutie Pie #2 is 5 years old


First Thoughts:

Cutie Pie: It is a musical song to Autumn.

Cutie Pie #2: It was okay.


What is this book about?

Cutie Pie #1: It is about how Autumn is here.

Cutie Pie #2: Autumn is here.

What was your favorite part of the story?

Cutie Pie: I don't have one.

Cutie Pie #2: I don't have a favorite part.

Why did you like it/why don't you have one?

Cutie Pie: Because it was all good.

Cutie Pie #2: Because it was all just okay.

Is there anything you didn't like about this book?

Cutie Pie: No, I like it all.

Cutie Pie #2: I'm not sure. It is just okay.

Do you like the illustrations?

Cutie Pie: Yes, they are great.

Cutie Pie #2: Yes.

Who do you think will like this book?

Cutie Pie: Every kid.

Cutie Pie #2: Mostly kids.


Rating:

Cutie Pie:

Cutie Pie #2 



The Leaves on the Trees is an interesting read. It is written in the style of the song, The Wheels on the Bus. I think my girls liked that part the most. Some of the lines repeat (like in the song) so it is good to read with young readers. I like that it introduces children to different types of leaves and what happens to those leaves when Autumn comes. I think it is a good and quick story to read with children for when Autumn starts.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3