Sunday, April 21, 2019

Pine & Boof: The Lucky Leaf by Ross Burach

My Bookish Itinerary Children's Book Review
Title: Pine & Boof: The Lucky Leaf
By: Ross Burach
Length: 40 pages
Publisher: HarperCollins 
Classification: Children's Book
Release Date: September 12, 2017
Source: Library Book
Frog and Toad meets Elephant & Piggie in the first installment of a humorous and heartfelt new picture book series about the adventures of Boof the bear and Pine the porcupine, from the acclaimed author-illustrator of There's a Giraffe in My Soup and I Am Not a Chair!
One blustery day, Boof the bear's lucky red leaf gets swept away by the wind. Fortunately for him, Pine the porcupine just happens to walk by with his lucky compass-and the two set off on an adventure to find the lost leaf, only to discover true friendship in the process.
In a tale both silly and sweet, Pine & Boof: The Lucky Leaf tells the story of an unlikely friendship through highly original characters and vibrant illustrations that are impossible not to love.


Cutie Pie is 11 years old & Cutie Pie #2 is 7 years old


First Thoughts:

Cutie Pie: This is going to be a book about a bear.

Cutie Pie #2: I liked it.

What is this book about?

Cutie Pie: This book is about Pine and Boof going on an adventure to find his lucky leaf.

Cutie Pie #2: Well, Pine and Boof were looking for Boof's lucky red leaf. 

What was your favorite part of the story?

Cutie Pie: Didn't have one.

Cutie Pie #2: All of it.

Why did you like it/why don't you have one?

Cutie Pie:

Cutie Pie #2: I don't have a reason.

Is there anything you didn't like about this book?

Cutie Pie: It all was pretty good.

Cutie Pie #2: No, I liked all of it.

Do you like the illustrations?

Cutie Pie: Yes, they are very artistic. 

Cutie Pie #2: Yes, they are good.

Who do you think will like this book?

Cutie Pie: Kids. 

Cutie Pie #2: Kids that like to read. Or love to read.


Rating:

Cutie Pie:


Cutie Pie #2


I think that Pine & Boof: The Lucky Leaf is a pretty cute story. The story starts off with Boof and his lucky leaf. They did everything together, until one day the wind carries the leaf away. Boof then meets Pine and together they set on an adventure to find Boof's lucky leaf. This story is pretty entertaining. I enjoyed reading it with my girls. It is a wonderful story about discovering friendship and I am looking forward to reading more stories about Pine and Boof. I definitely recommend checking this story out to read with younger children. They will enjoy the adventure, the story of friendship, and will probably even get a laugh or two.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3