Thursday, September 19, 2013

TV shows Fall 2013 (CBS)

Continuing my look at the 2013 Fall TV Shows, we will be looking at CBS. Obviously, I do not have enough time to watch every show on every network, so I have picked out shows that I find interesting and would like to watch.

You can find the CBS complete Fall Schedule here.

Returning Shows
New Shows

Mondays:


How I Met Your Mother- Season 9 (and final season) premieres September 23rd

I really enjoy HIMYM! I have watched all the episodes many times, and have all but season 8 on DVD. I really thought that last season was going to be it, but it got renewed one last time for a 9th and final season. We will finally "meet" the mother and see how the series ends. 9 seasons is a long time to drag something like that out, but seriously, if we would have met the mother already what would the show be about? That's right, nothing, it would be over.
I think some people think the show should have ended a while ago, but I still laugh. And I still really enjoy watching the show. I love the actors/actresses! I love the characters! I love Marshall and Lilly! I am excited to watch the new season.

The show is about a group of friends. It follows the main character, Ted, and his quest to find a woman to marry. We follow the lives of all the friends including their friendship, relationships, and jobs. There are A LOT of flashbacks (pretty much every episodes....don't think I can think of one that doesn't have one). And I love the set up. The flashbacks can be pretty fun. Plus we have Robin Sparkles! (Those are some of my FAVORITE episodes!!!)

Josh Radnor as Ted Mosby
Alyson Hannigan as Lilly Aldrin
Jason Segal as Marshall Eriksen
Neil Patrick Harris as Barney Stinson
Cobie Smulders as Robin Scherbatsky


We Are Men- Premieres September 30th

I am not really that interested in watching this show, but since it is coming on in between shows that I do plan on watching, I will probably go ahead and at least try the pilot episode.

This show is about recently left at the alter, Carter, who moves into a short-rental apartment and makes friends with three older divorced men.

Kal Penn as Gil Bartis
Chris Smith as Carter Thomas
Jerry O'Connell as Stuart Strickland
Tony Shalhoub as Frank Russo


2 Broke Girls-  Season 3 premieres September 23rd

This show follows the lives of two financially poor roommates that work at a diner, trying to make enough money to start their own cupcake business. Max makes the cupcakes and already worked at the diner, and Caroline, was wealthy but loses all her money and goes to the diner to get a job, where she meets Max.

Overall, I like the show. I have watched the past two seasons. But for me the sexual jokes can sometimes be too much. They make these jokes all the time, and I find that it can sometimes be a bit too much for me. Some of the jokes can be funny, but there are some that cross the line for me. So if you have not seen the show and do not like crude humor, you might want to stay clear of this show.

Obviously there are people that enjoy this show and the humor, otherwise it wouldn't be on season 3 right now. I do plan on watching the season, because I do like the story line.

Kat Dennings as Max Black
Beth Behrs as Caroline Channing
Garrett Morris as Earl
Jonathan Kite as Oleg
Matthew Moy as Han Lee
Jennifer Coolidge as Sophie Kachinsky


Mom- Premieres September 23rd

Since this TV show was created in part by Chuck Lorre, I am going to give the show a try and see if I like it.

The show is about a single mother that is battling alcoholism. She goes to California's Napa Valley to restart her life.

Anna Faris as Christy
Allison Janney as Bonnie
Sadie Calvano as Violet
Blake Garrett Rosenthal as Roscoe
Nate Corddry as Gabriel
Spencer Daniels as Luke
Matt Jones as Baxter
French Stewart as Rudy


Hostages- Premieres September 23rd

I think that this show could be interesting, but unfortunately I don't think I will be watching it when it comes on, because it is in the same time slot as Castle, which I have been watching for several years now. I will probably try and watch it online, if CBS decides to put the episodes up.

This show is about the doctor that is supposed to be doing surgery on the President of the United states gets taken hostage by a rogue FBI agent. The agent wants her to assassinate the President in return of keeping her family safe.

Toni Collette as Ellen Sanders
Dylan McDermott as Duncan Carlisle
Tate Donovan as Brian Sanders
Quinn Shephard as Morgan Sanders
Mateus Ward as Jake Sanders
James Naughton as President Paul Kincaid

Thursdays:


The Big Bang Theory- Season 7 Premieres September 26th

This show is about a bunch of friends that are nerds. Then a pretty girl moves across the hall and they become friends with her as well. It follows the lives of the friends with their relationships, friendships and their jobs. I started watching this show during the second season. Although I have watched all the episodes several times. I find this show pretty funny. I enjoy watching it a lot.

I am excited for the new season!

Johnny Galecki as Leonard Hofstadter
Jim Parsons as Sheldon Cooper
Kaley Cuoco as Penny
Simon Helberg as Howard Wolowitz
Kunal Nayyar as Rajesh "Raj" Koothrappali
Melissa Rauch as Bernadette Rostenkowski-Wolowitz
Mayim Bialik as Amy Farrah Fowler


\The Crazy Ones- Premieres September 26th

Now the only reason why I am interested in this show is because Sarah Michelle Gellar is in it and as I have stated before I=big Buffy fan!

Looks like I am going to have a hard decision to make in terms of what I am going to watch on Thursday nights in my 8/7 time slot. ABC is having Once Upon a Time in Wonderland at the same time as The Big Bang Theory and The Crazy Ones. 

This show is a workplace comedy. It focuses on an advertising agency. The boss is partners with his daughter (who is his complete opposite). He is crazy and unpredictable while she is organized and focused.

Robin Williams as Simon Roberts
Sarah Michelle Gellar as Sydney Roberts
James Wolk as Zach Cropper
Amanda Setton as Lauren Slotsky
Hamish Linklater as Andrew Keanelly


Elementary- Season 2 Premieres September 26th

Again, I have another decision to make for the 10/9 time slot on Thursdays, since ABC will have Scandal during this time. And I have a feeling Scandal is going to win. So I will try and watch this show either online, or wait and watch it when it comes out next year.

I do enjoy this show, and I find the cases interesting, but I wouldn't say that it is a favorite (favorite in my terms, a show that I can watch the same episodes more than once). But if there are no other shows on at this time slot that you want to watch and you like crime solving. Then I do recommend that you give this show a try.

This show is a modern Sherlock Holmes show. Sherlock is a recovering drug addict in the show and he helps the NYC police solve crimes (mainly murders).

Jonny Lee Miller as Sherlock Holmes
Lucy Liu as Dr. Joan Watson
Aidan Quinn as Captain Thomas Gregson
Jon Michael Hill as Detective Marcus Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3