Sunday, September 7, 2014

Mummies in the Morning by Mary Pope Osbourne

Title: Mummies in the Morning
(Magic Tree House #3)
Author: Mary Pope Osbourne
Illustrator: Sal Murdocca
Length: 65 pages
Publisher: Scholastic Inc.
Classification: Children's Book, Chapter Book, Fantasy, Adventure, Mystery, Time Travel
Release Date: August 1993
Source: Paperback
Jack and Annie don't need another mummy. But that's what they get when the Magic Tree House whisks them back to ancient Egypt. There they meet a long-dead queen who needs their help. Will Jack and Annie be able to solve the puzzle, or will they end up as mummies themselves? 




Cutie Pie's Thoughts:


"I like this book a lot. Like a lot, a lot."


What is this book about?
About Jack and Annie following the cat and getting the Book of Dead.

What was your favorite part of the story?
 When they followed the noise (the cat's meow) to the entrance of the pyramid. 

Why did you like it?
 Because they followed the noise and found what they were looking for. They did good.

Is there anything you didn't like about this book?
No, I like all of it.

Do you like the illustrations?
Yes.

Who do you think will like this book?
Everyone that likes Magic Tree House.



Cutie Pie's Rating:


My Thoughts:

I personally like this book series. Cutie Pie and I read the second book in the series last school year and decided that we wanted to continue reading them.
In this story, Jack and Annie travel back to the past to the time of the Pyramids. They get to go in the pyramid and quickly involved in solving a mystery.
I really like this book because I think it is a nice glimpse and introduction to a bit of Egyptian history. I especially love that it has so many educational facts about mummies, the Pyramids and other Egyptian history. Also has some fun vocabulary words.
Not only does this book contain an educational value, but it is a fun adventure for kids to read about.
We love the ongoing mystery with the series as well as the puzzle that Jack and Annie have to solve.
I highly recommend this book to fans of this book series.
Best read either to, with, or by elementary school children. Full of fun and entertainment for the family, so I think Pre-K children can enjoy the story as well.
I am looking forward to reading the next adventure.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3