Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Sofia the First by Catherine Hapka


Title: Sofia the First
Author: Catherine Hapka
Illustrator: Grace Lee
Length: Approx. 40 pages
Publisher: Disney Press
Classification: Children's Book, Princess

Release Date: October 30, 2012
Source: Hardback
Meet Sofia, a little girl who lives a rather ordinary life. But everything changes when her mother, Miranda, marries the king. Overnight, Sofia becomes a princess, moves into the castle, gains a step-brother, a step-sister... and the ability to talk to her new animal friends thanks to a magical amulet Now, life is anything but ordinary for Sofia the First. 




Cutie Pie's Thoughts:

What is this book about?

Sofia becoming a princess.

What was your favorite part of the story?

When the king gave her the amulet. And when her sister helped her and they become friends and sisters.

Why did you like it?

Because it was about friends and family. Like Sofia thought that it was only her and her Mom, but now it is going to be a good family.

Do you like the illustrations?

Yes, I liked them a lot. They are very pretty.


Who do you think would like this book?

Toddlers, babies, kids and adults.


Cutie Pie's Rating:


My Thoughts:
I thought this was a very cute story. My daughters and I saw the movie and a couple episodes of the TV show before I bought the book. I got it a while ago on clearance, and I am glad that I picked it up.

It is a cute story about how Sofia became a princess. And a good story about being both friends and sisters.

The pictures are also cute and I really liked the font that they used in the book.

I felt that the story didn't focus entirely on her being a princess, but it included the fact about the importance of friendship and working together as well.

The book is pretty much the outline of what happened in the movie.

I am happy that we own this book and I would recommend it to any little ones that like Sofia the First.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3