Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Mini Review: The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die by April Henry

Title: The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die
Author: April Henry
Length: 224 pages
Publisher: Henry Holt and Company
Classification: Young Adult, Mystery, Thriller
Release Date: June 11, 2013
Source: e-book (purchased)
Read: July 2014
“Take her out back and finish her off.” She doesn’t know who she is. She doesn’t know where she is, or why. All she knows when she comes to in a ransacked cabin is that there are two men arguing over whether or not to kill her. And that she must run. In her riveting style, April Henry crafts a nail-biting thriller involving murder, identity theft, and biological warfare. Follow Cady and Ty (her accidental savior turned companion), as they race against the clock to stay alive. 

This is a genre that I haven't read many books from before.
I purchased this e-book thanks to Fierce Reads having a readalong (#ReadAprilHenry) on Twitter.
I was a little hesitant at first, because I wasn't sure if it was a book that I would enjoy reading. But in the end I decided to give it a try since it was part of the readalong and on sale.
And I am really glad that I stepped out of my normal genres and read this one.

It is a quick and intense read.

It instantly grabbed my attention from the very beginning of the story. I was so mesmerized by the world, the story and the main character, Cady and trying to find out what was going to happen next. I could not put the book down.

There were a couple things that I saw coming (just minor details) but overall the story had twists that surprised me. It was a bit of a mystery to figure out the motive behind why these people were after her and wanted to kill her.

I like the characters. I especially likeTy. I found his character to be interesting. I was a little surprised that he helped her so much when he didn't know her. But overall he is a very likable character. He is nice and caring.
I also enjoyed reading from Cady's point of view because she has amnesia, which is a different type of point of view for me. It helped add mystery and some suspense to the story.

My Recommendation:

Overall, I really enjoyed reading this book. If you enjoy reading thrillers that have some mystery and are a very quick read, then I suggest giving this book a try.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3