Sunday, May 22, 2016

The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School by Laura Murray & Illustrated by Mike Lowery

My Bookish Itinerary Children's Book Review
Title: The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School
Author: Laura Murray
Illustrator: Mike Lowery
Length: 32 pages
Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons 
Classification: Children's Book
Release Date: July 7, 2011
Source: Library Book
When a class leaves for recess, their just-baked Gingerbread Man is left behind. But he's a smart cookie and heads out to find them. He'll run, slide, skip, and (after a mishap with a soccer ball) limp as fast as he can because: "I can catch them! I'm their Gingerbread Man!"
With help from the gym teacher, the nurse, the art teacher and even the principal, the Gingerbread Man does find his class, and he's assured they'll never leave him behind again.
Teachers often use the Gingerbread Man story to introduce new students to the geography and staff of schools, and this fresh, funny twist on the original can be used all year long. Includes a poster with fun activities!


Cutie Pie is 9 years old & Cutie Pie #2 is 5 years old



First Thoughts:

Cutie Pie: "I think it is funny and cute."

Cutie Pie #2: "I don't think I really liked it"

What is this book about?

Cutie Pie #1: It is about a little Gingerbread Man trying to find the class that made him.

Cutie Pie #2: It is about The Gingerbread Man and he is trying to find the kids that made him.

What was your favorite part of the story?

Cutie Pie: My favorite part was when the Gingerbread Man got back to the class and found the stuff that they made.

Cutie Pie #2: That the Gingerbread Man was trying to find the kids.

Why did you like it?

Cutie Pie: Because it shows him that the class loves him.

Cutie Pie #2: Because the kids made him stuff.

Is there anything you didn't like about this book?

Cutie Pie: I liked it all.

Cutie Pie #2: When he landed in the bag. Because I thought he was going to be eaten. 

Do you like the illustrations?

Cutie Pie: Yes, I think they are good. I really like them.

Cutie Pie #2: Yes. 

Who do you think will like this book?

Cutie Pie: Pretty much anybody who likes the regular Gingerbread Man story.

Cutie Pie #2: Little kids and big kids. Maybe moms and dads. 

Rating:

Cutie Pie:

Cutie Pie #2:



The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School is a cute twist of The Gingerbread Man. This story is full of rhymes and repetition, which is perfect for young children. A class makes a gingerbread man and when they leave for recess, he realizes they are gone. So he goes all around the school trying to catch up with them. I think the story is cute and funny. I liked that the Gingerbread Man went all around the school. I think this would be a great story to read with kids when school is starting up or even throughout the school year. I think it could especially be a fun book to read with children starting pre-k/kindergarten, to help get them excited about starting school. The illustrations are great! I really like the layout and the different color fonts!

I think this is a cute picture book. I recommend for elementary school kids; primarily K-3rd.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3