Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday #99: Ten Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want to Read a Book

Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Their blog can be found here.


April 18: Top Ten Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want To Read A Book (topic originally done back in 2013 as top ten words/topics that will make me instantly want to read a book) -- so yeah basically any topic or theme or ANYTHING (ie if X person recommends it) that will make you instantly want to pick up a book. My list will likely be called Jamie-bait because there are soooo certain things you can say in a summary or a review that will just instantly draw me to it!

There are a few things that will make me instantly add a book to my TBR (to be read) list. If a book has one of these ten things, there is a good chance I will love reading it. Or a good chance that I will be planning to buy the book as soon as possible!



Pretend Relationships 

I don't really know why, but I love the pretend relationship trope. Where they pretend to be together, and then end up falling for each other. I love the cuteness and banter between the characters. 

Examples that I read and enjoyed:


The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes 
The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West
To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #1) by Jenny Han
The Fine Art of Pretending (The Fine Art of Pretending #1) by Rachel Harris



Retellings 

I love reading fairy tale retellings a lot.  I tend to add immediately add a book to my TBR if I find out it is a retelling. 

Examples that I read and enjoyed:


The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
The Wrath & the Dawn (The Wrath & the Dawn #1) by Renee Ahdieh
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
Geekerella by Ashley Poston


Boy/Girl Next Door Romance 
Yep, I love me the boy/girl next door types of romance. They tend to be so cute and I just can't get enough of them!

Examples that I read and enjoyed:



My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss #2) by Stephanie Perkins
On the Fence by Kasie West
Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway

Friends First Romance 
I really enjoy reading about relationships that start off as friendships.

Examples that I read and enjoyed:



When Joss Met Matt by Ellie Cahill
Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg
Ask Again Later by Liz Czukas
Last Year's Mistake by Gina Ciocca


Abroad Setting 
It might be my desire to travel myself, but I LOVE stories that take place abroad!


Examples that I read and enjoyed:

Just One Day (Just One Day #1) by Gayle Forman
Just One Year (Just One Day #2) by Gayle Forman
Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch
Rook by Sharon Cameron

Fantasy 
I LOVE Fantasy books. There are so many that I have enjoyed reading as well as, so many more I can't wait to read!

Examples that I read and enjoyed:



The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Curse #1) by Marie Rutkoski
Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin #1) by Robin LaFevers
The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles #1) by Mary E. Pearson
The Storyspinner (The Keepers' Chronicles #1) by Becky Wallace


Musical 
I love music, so I of course love books that have musicians and music in the story.

Examples that I read and enjoyed:


Open Road Summer by Emery Lord
If I Stay (If I Stay #1) by Gayle Forman
Where She Went (If I Stay #2) by Gayle Forman
Just A Girl by Ellie Cahill

Awesome Friendships
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, books that have awesome friendships!

Examples that I read and enjoyed:


The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord


Hate to Love Romance 
I really love hate to love romances. I am not really sure why I love them so much, but I do. In fact, I would say it is one of my favorite romance tropes. So I will definitely add these types of books to my TBR.

Examples that I read and enjoyed:



The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J. Maas
Legend (Legend #1) by Marie Lu
Magnolia by Kristi Cook

Space
I have really been loving reading books set in space. I am really looking forward to finding more to read and love!

Examples that I read and enjoyed:


Starbound Trilogy by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
Illuminae (The Illuminae Files #1)  by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
Starflight (Starflight #1) by Melissa Landers

What things make you instantly want to read a book?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3