Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #54: In A Perfect World


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


In a Perfect World by Trish Doller

Publication Date: May 23, 2017
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Waiting on Wednesday at My Bookish Itinerary
Caroline Kelly is excited to be spending her summer vacation working at the local amusement park with her best friend, exploring weird Ohio with her boyfriend, and attending soccer camp with the hope she’ll be her team’s captain in the fall.
But when Caroline’s mother is hired to open an eye clinic in Cairo, Egypt, Caroline’s plans are upended. Caroline is now expected to spend her summer and her senior year in a foreign country, away from her friends, her home, and everything she’s ever known.
With this move, Caroline predicts she’ll spend her time navigating crowded streets, eating unfamiliar food, and having terrible bouts of homesickness. But when she finds instead is a culture that surprises her, a city that astounds her, and a charming, unpredictable boy who challenges everything she thought she knew about life, love, and privilege.
Why Am I Excited For This Book?
I am excited for this new book by Trish Doller because in 2015 I read one of her other books, The Devil You Know. And I really enjoyed reading it. I have and still need to read Where the Stars Still Shine. I also really like reading books that take place abroad and this one will be taking place in Egypt. I am interested in Caroline learning about the culture and how she adjusts to living in a new place. In a Perfect World sounds like a lovely story and I can't wait to read it. 

What book are you waiting on this Wednesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3