Monday, April 23, 2018

From My Notebook #4: Book Review - The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Feature at My Bookish Itinerary

When I read I write notes, thoughts, and quotes about the book in a notebook. I sometimes write drafts or full book reviews in my notebooks too. And sometimes I forget to write up a review from those notes. Or sometimes I would forget to type up and/or post those reviews. So From My Notebook will be the notes, thoughts, quotes, or full reviews that I had in one of my notebooks from other the past years that I forgot to share before. 

Title: The Evolution of Mara Dyer 
(Mara Dyer #2)
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Length: 528 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Classification: Young Adult, Paranormal, Mystery
Release Date: October 23, 2012
Source: Paperback
Read: May 2015
The truth about Mara Dyer's dangerous and mysterious abilities continues to unravel in the New York Times bestselling sequel to the thrilling The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.She can't. She used to think her problems were all in her head. They aren't. She couldn't imagine that after everything she's been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets. She's wrong. In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?
GoodReads || Amazon || Barnes & Noble || Books-a-Million

*This is the second book in a trilogy, so this review may contain possible spoilers for the first book, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. This is your warning, if you haven't read the first book, then proceed at your own risk of any possible spoilers.*

Oh my goodness! I really enjoyed reading this one! It had so many intense and chilling moments!

Still one of my favorite things about this book series is not being able to figure out all the twists and turns that the story takes. I love being surprised. This book made my heart pound. 

I really loved Mara and Noah's relationship more in this book.

I'm still left with a ton of questions. I will definitely be reading the final book in the trilogy soon. I can't wait to find out more about what is really going on. Plus, that cliffhanger! I NEED more! We do find out some answers to events that happened during book one, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. But overall, I think I have more questions than answers at this point. Which is okay by me. I really can't wait to find out more answers in the final book! 

The things happening to Mara were frightening and spine-tingling. There were several moments that made me worry about Mara.

It was definitely harder for me to put this one down. I was instantly pulled into the story and had no problem remaining captivated by the characters and what was happening. 

Family Love - You can really feel that Mara's family really cares about her and how they want to help her. I loved getting to see that family bond in this story.

Mara is still going through a lot as a character. Plus now, she is scared due to seeing her ex-boyfriend again. She is still searching for the truth and answers. 

Noah - I like his character a lot more in this book. He really cares about Mara and her family. Which is really sweet and makes my heart feel all warm and fuzzy. And it seems like there is more to him then I had originally thought in the previous book. I didn't hate him in book one, but I felt more indifferent to him as a character, but now I am really liking him. Though I still feel like there is a ton of things that I still don't know about Noah. I can't wait to get to know this character better in the next book.

I am really looking forward to reading the conclusion to this trilogy. I seriously have no idea what to expect from the next book, but I am very anxious to find out more answers. I recommend checking out this book series if you haven't read it yet. 

My Rating:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3