Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday #61: The Game Can't Love You Back


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Publication Date: May 15, 2018
Publisher: Swoon Reads

Eve is used to being the odd woman out. As the only girl on her school's baseball team, she knows exactly how to put sweaty, macho baseball players in their place, and she's focused on one thing and one thing only—being the best pitcher she can be.
But when a freak accident forces her high school to be absorbed by the neighboring town, Eve has to contend with a new group of guys who aren't used to having a woman on their team. And the new team's star pitcher, Jamie, has no interest in being ousted from his throne. He can't afford to give up his starting slot to a new pitcher—even worse, to a girl.
As the competition between Jamie and Eve starts to heat up, so does their attraction to each other. Can they keep their heads in the game, or will they end up getting played?
Why Am I Excited For This Book?

I. Love. Baseball. When I was a kid, my parents would take us to baseball games. We would travel and go watch the Braves play. When we were on vacation we would go see other teams play, like the Pirates, the Padres. I remember getting to go to Fenway Park to see the Red Socks play the Orioles. We even got Cal Ripken Jr's autograph. (Which was pretty cool!) We would go watch college baseball games too. I also really enjoyed going to the local baseball field to watch my brother play when we were kids.
I don't watch a lot of baseball anymore, but I still love the game. And I especially love reading books that have baseball in them. So I am really excited to read a book about The Game Can't Love You Back. I know this is a total 'me' book and I am really looking forward to reading it. 

What book are you waiting on this Wednesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3