Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #65: Ten Wishes I'd Ask The Book Genie to Grant Me


Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Their blog can be found here.


October 20: 10 Wishes I'd Ask The Book Genie To Grant Me (a new book from a certain author,  a reading superpower, a library that is your absolutely #librarygoals, a character to come to life, to met a certain author etc. etc.) YOU DREAM IT AND THE BOOKISH GENIE CAN DO IT.


There are SO MANY THINGS I would love the Bookish Genie to grant me! So it will be hard to pick just 10...

1. Build an extra room onto my house to be my own personal library! And while we're at it, the genie can give me a few more bookshelves for that library. Seriously, I would love a whole room in my house just for my books, (I'd even let there be a section for the kid books that we have) and maybe a few pieces of comfy furniture to read on. I have a SMALL house, so my books (and shelves) are pretty much all over the place and I definitely don't have enough space for the shelves that I still need for the books I have.

2. I would LOVE to meet a few of my favorite authors! Especially Sarah J. Maas and Marissa Meyer.

3. I want Iko to be real and one of my best friends. I love her humor and she always makes me laugh when I read The Lunar Chronicles books.

4. I would wish for the ability to stop time around me at night, so I could read as much as I want before going to bed and still get enough sleep. Seriously, I LOVE reading at night before going to bed, but it often results in me staying up WAY TOO LATE and not getting enough sleep. So it would be pretty cool if I could stop time around me so I could keep reading and still go to bed at a reasonable hour.

5. A local bookstore. I live in a smallish town, and there aren't really any bookstores that close. I usually have to drive 20 to 30 minutes to get to a Barnes & Noble or Books-a-Million. So it would be awesome if I had a local bookstore to go to.

6.  The ability to remember more details from ALL the books I read. I usually can remember a lot about the books, but I have been finding the more books I read, the less I remember of books I read a few months ago. And that makes me sad. I wish I could remember all the things about all the books. (I guess it is good that I do like to reread favorites, I just also wish I had more time to reread.)

7. Apparition or Teleportation: I wish I could use it to go to awesome book events that I normally can't afford to go to (due to travel costs and time) like BEA. So it would be awesome to be able to go to all the book events that I can. No worrying about plane tickets and hotel reservations. (Mostly plane tickets.)

8. An ARC of Crown of Midnight to add to my collection. I already have ARCs of both Throne of Glass and Heir of Fire, so it would be nice to have this one to add to my collection. I don't really collect a lot of different ARCs, but Throne of Glass has become one of MY ALL TIME FAVORITE SERIES, and Sarah J. Maas is simply amazing so this is the one that I would wish for.

9. An awesome bookish job. I really wish I would be able to find a bookish job that I would love going to. I am currently a stay at home mom, but I probably will be needing to find a job in the somewhat near future, and a bookish job is every bookworm's dream right?!

10. Local Bookish Friends. It is hard to make friends when you are an adult. I have friends, but it has become increasingly harder to find time for us all to get together. Or they have moved away and I hardly get to see them. So it would be nice to meet a couple friends that enjoy reading as much as I do, we could have get-togethers and talk books and go to the Movie Adaptations of books together.

What things would you wish for from the Book Genie?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3