Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #69: Thanksgiving Freebie- Ten Recommended Books I am Thankful I Read


Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Their blog can be found here.


November 24: Thanksgiving themed Freebie -- ten books I'm thankful for, authors I'm thankful for, Ten fictional families I'd like to celebrate Thanksgiving with, a personal non-bookish thankful list, etc. etc.


I've decided to share my Ten Recommend Books I am Thankful I Read (though most of these weren't personal recommendations, I am still really glad I decided to read them based on what these bloggers and others thought!) Especially since I think there are a lot of these I probably would never have read or even found out about if it wasn't for these people.



Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling: I am thankful to one of my English Teachers in middle school. She started reading the beginning of the book to us, and I ended up telling my mom about it so she bought me the book. Which started my UNDYING LOVE for Harry Potter and Hogwarts.

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas: I am thankful for Alexa from Alexs Loves Books. I remember her tweeting about her love for this series, and I ended up buying the first book as an e-book. I thought, sure I might like this one. Little did I know it would be the start of my OBSESSION with the Throne of Glass series and Sarah J. Maas!

Cinder by Marissa Meyer: One of my best friends from High School read it and was posting about it on Facebook. And so I decided to check it out. And I am so glad I did. Because I FELL IN LOVE with The Lunar Chronicles. It has become one of my all time favorite series. And I am so thankful she posted about her love for the book!

The Final Empire (Mistborn) by Brandon Sanderson: So I immediately bought the trilogy box set for Mistborn after Nikki from There Were Books Involved was talking about it on Twitter with some other bloggers. I am so thankful I saw her tweeting about how much she loves it, because it brought my attention to the books and I read and loved the first one: The Final Empire. I really need to read the other books in this universe soon! (She also started the Sanderson Army list/group on Twitter!)

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli : I am thankful I saw Stefani from Caught Read Handed talking about her love for this book on Twitter as well as Cassi from My Thoughts...Literally!'s review of the book. Because of these two, I decided I needed to finally read this book as well. And I really enjoyed it!

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: I am thankful for all the lovely bloggers (AndiMegJudithJamie, and Lindsey) that put together the #IslaIsComing Readalong last year. Because of it I pre-ordered Isla and read all three of the books. Which I loved!



Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo: I am thankful for Brittany's from The Book Addict's Guide love for this trilogy. I am pretty sure it was seeing her talk about loving the series that made me get the first two books and pre-order the last one and read all of them last year. And I am so glad I did because I really liked the trilogy!

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater: I am thankful to L's brother and sister-in-law for sending me a copy of Shiver for Christmas YEARS ago. Because I read it and enjoyed it, I started to buy her other books. Which is what helped me discover The Raven Boys and MY LOVE for the series and characters. (I liked the Shiver universe and series as well!)

Vicious by V.E. Schwab: Okay, honestly I can't remember which blogger got me super excited to read this one. There are so many I know love this book and author. But I am so glad I decided to get it based on the blogger love I saw on Twitter!

Attachments by Rainbow Rowell: So, last year Attachments was up on NetGalley as a Read Now option and there was a blogger (or several) that tweeted about needing to read it because it was a good read. I am thankful to those bloggers (even though I can't remember which ones) that tweeted because it alerted me to a book that I ended up liking a lot. And it was my very first Rainbow Rowell book!

I am thankful I read all these lovely books and I am thankful to my family, friends, teachers, and awesome book bloggers that have recommended some of my favorite reads!

What book recommendations are you thankful you read? 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful that the Harry Potter series was apart of my childhood. That's such a comfort read.

    Vicious deserve all the praise it gets! It's so fabulous because villain superheroes = the best thing to read about.

    Attachment is a great first Rainbow Rowell book. It remains my all-time favorite one because it was just so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3