Sunday, November 1, 2015

October 2015 Monthly Highlights




  1. Spinning Starlight by R.C. Lewis
  2. Alien in My Pocket: Blast Off! by Nate Ball
  3. Calamity Jack (Rapunzel's Revenge #2) by Shannon Hale, Dean Hale, and Nathan Hale
  4. Top Ten Clues You're Clueless by Liz Czukas 
  5. A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston
  6. Persuasion (The Heirs of Watson Island #2) by Martina Boone
  7. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
  8. Wolf By Wolf (Wolf By Wolf #1) by Ryan Graudin
  9. Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg
  10. Magnolia by Kristi Cook
  11. Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman

2015 GoodReads Challenge:

92/125 Books
Still 12 books behind! Yikes! I might not reach my goal this year. (Or maybe I should just binge read a bunch of children chapter books that my 8 year likes...)

2015 #365DaysofYA Challenge:
Hosted by Kate from Literary Kate  and Sarah from What Sarah Read 

Read This Month:
  1. Top Ten Clues You're Clueless by Liz Czukas 
  2. Magnolia by Kristi Cook
I've read a total of 33 books so far from this list.

2015  Debut Author Challenge:
 


19/12 Books (CHALLENGE COMPLETED!)

Read This Month:

None read this month.


2015 TBR Pile Reading Challenge:

2015TBR
Hosted by Bookish
17/25 Books

Read This Month:
  1. Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg
  2. Magnolia by Kristi Cook
2015 Fairytale Challenge:

The Daily Prophecy

Hosted by The Daily Prophecy
9/15 Books

Read This Month:
  1. Spinning Starlight by R.C. Lewis
2015 NetGalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge:

Falling For YA

Hosted by Falling For YA

37/25 Books (CHALLENGE COMPLETED!)

Read This Month:
  1. Spinning Starlight by R.C. Lewis
  2. A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston
  3. Persuasion (The Heirs of Watson Island #2) by Martina Boone
2015 Flights of Fantasy:



9/15

Read This Month:

None read this month


2015 Reread Challenge:

The 2015 Re-Read Challenge



4/20

Read This Month:

None read this month

2015 Prequel & Sequel Challenge:


Read This Month:
  1. Persuasion (The Heirs of Watson Island #2) by Martina Boone (2 pts)
2015 Real Book Challenge:
Real Book Challenge on Swoony Boys Podcast and Fiction Fare


24/45

Read This Month:
  1. Calamity Jack (Rapunzel's Revenge #2) by Shannon Hale, Dean Hale, and Nathan Hale
  2. Top Ten Clues You're Clueless by Liz Czukas 
  3. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
  4. Wolf By Wolf (Wolf By Wolf #1) by Ryan Graudin
  5. Magnolia by Kristi Cook
  6. Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman






  • I had a lot of fun coming up with my Top Ten Tuesday Halloween Themed Freebie Post. I ended up picking out TEN (WHAT I THINK ARE) SCARY BOOKS I EVENTUALLY WANT TO READ. I get scared really easily, so some of you might not think these books are scary at all. Though I haven't read them yet, so I'm not even sure they are scary!



  • I really enjoyed reading Brittany's (The Book Addict's Guide) BOOK AND A BEVERAGE AUTHOR EDITION WITH BECKY WALLACE! I loved Becky's answers and it made me even more anxious to get my hands on a copy of The Storyspinner (I seriously need to buy this book soon, I am so excited to read it!)
  • I enjoyed reading Cassi's (My Thoughts...Literally) DISCUSSION POST ABOUT WHY SHE NEVER FINISHES A BOOK BEFORE BED. It was interesting and makes me wonder if maybe I should consider trying this. I have been staying up way past when I should be lately and I have been so tired during the day. And most of the time it is because I stay up to finish reading a book. 
  • I LOVE Rebecca's (The Library Canary) post about SOCIAL MEDIA INSECURITIES! I definitely related to her post and I feel EXACTLY what she wrote. I struggle to keep up with everything on social media. And there are plenty of times where I feel like I missed something or like I am just not active enough in the book blogging community. It is a great post and I feel better seeing that I am not alone when it comes to my social media insecurities (though I do wish none of us had them to begin with).






  • THANKSGIVING! I LOVE Thanksgiving! Spending time with family and friends. Turkey. Mashed Potatoes. Gravy. Vegetables. DELICIOUS. 
  • WINTER COMES OUT!!!! If you know me, you know I LOVE The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. (I am obsessed!) So you can imagine HOW EXCITED I AM that Winter will finally be out soon!
  • NaNoWriMo! Time for me to work on a story. I didn't complete last year, so I am hoping I reach the 50,000 word mark this year!

What books did you read in October? How are your challenges going? Were there any blog posts that you LOVED and think I should check out? (Leave me a link!) I hope you all have a wonderful November!

1 comment:

  1. You did great! I'd love to read that Neil Gaiman book!
    Happy November!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3