Saturday, December 12, 2015

Reread Review: Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Title: Cinder
(The Lunar Chronicles #1)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Length: 390 pages
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Classification: Young Adult, Fairy Tale Retelling, Science Fiction
Release Date: January 3, 2012
Source: Hardback
Reread: September 2015
Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.
Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.

WHEN I First Read

I was a little late to The Lunar Chronicles party. I had heard great things about it from a friend. Plus I remember seeing it as a bestseller in the Kindle store. After reading the synopsis I decided it was something that I might be interested in. So I bought a Kindle copy and read it for the first time in January 2013. And honestly this isn't my first time rereading Cinder. I also reread it again that December before I read Scarlet for the first time.

WHAT I Remember

Honestly, I think I remember most of the story. Like I shared before, this isn't my first time rereading Cinder. This was my 3rd (possibly 4th) time rereading. And it won't be my last. 

WHY I Wanted to Re-Read

I decided I wanted to reread Cinder again because Winter is coming out soon! And I wanted to reread Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress and read Fairest before I read Winter. 

HOW I Felt After Re-Reading

I really enjoyed rereading Cinder again. I feel like I fall in love with the series more each time. I love the characters and the incredible storyline. This was my first time reread since reading Cress, so I really enjoyed some of the points that I had looked over before but now seeing how it relates to what happens in Cress (like where a certain character is going and the mention of a certain character...etc.). Plus I loved that it reminded me how cute I think Cinder and Kai are together (like when they met and when they would run into each other in the palace)! 

I love that even though I know what was going to happen, the story and the characters still made me feel ALL THE FEELS! I also really liked that I didn't rush to find out what was going to happen. I tend to read faster the more excited I get and sometimes that makes me feel like I am missing details and this time I didn't have that feeling. 

I love this book very much, and I felt very happy and satisfied after finishing my reread. I am looking forward to rereading the next two books.

WOULD I Re-Read Again

YES. More than likely I probably would reread Cinder again. The Lunar Chronicles is one of my favorite book series ever (up there with Harry Potter and Throne of Glass)! So I probably will end up rereading it a few more times at least (before I die...hopefully). I don't think I could get tired of reading about some of my favorite characters.

Re-Read Rating:
ALL THE HEARTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3