Sunday, December 13, 2015

Reread Review: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

Title: Scarlet
(The Lunar Chronicles #2)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Length: 452 pages
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Classification: Young Adult, Fairy Tale Retelling, Science Fiction
Release Date: February 5, 2013
Source: Paperback 
Re-Read: November 2015
Cinder is back and trying to break out of prison—even though she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive if she does—in this second installment from Marissa Meyer.
Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother, or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana.


WHEN I First Read


I first read Scarlet in December of 2013. Then I reread it right before Cress came out in 2014. Though that reread was a bit rushed and was just to quickly refresh my memory.

WHAT I Remember


I remembered liking it, but I was a bit hesitant because I was worried that I wouldn't like Scarlet as much as I liked Cinder. And I was worried that there wouldn't be a lot of Cinder since the story was going to pretty much be about Scarlet and what was happening with her. But luckily I had no reason to worry, because there was still chapters about Cinder and what was happening with her situation as well as meeting new characters like Scarlet and Wolf. I also remember LOVING Thorne! Mostly I just remember bits and pieces of the story (like the big things that happen). 

WHY I Wanted to Re-Read

I wanted to reread Scarlet because I decided to reread all of The Lunar Chronicles books before reading the finale: Winter. Plus I was worried that I didn't remember everything that happened. But as I read, I started to remember more and more.

HOW I Felt After Re-Reading

Wow! Is it possible that I LOVED Scarlet EVEN MORE with my third time reading it?!? I think so!
I'm so glad I was able to reread it and take my time while doing so. I also liked that this time I read my paperback copy instead of my e-book, since I have all my favorite quotes and parts of the story highlighted in my e-book. I absolutely enjoyed rereading this one again. When I think I can't love this series (and the characters) more; I am reminded just HOW MUCH I LOVE IT/THEM.

WOULD I Re-Read Again

Yes! Of course I will! I love the world, the story and the characters. I definitely will reread it again sometime in the future! 

Re-Read Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3