Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson

Title: Steelheart
(Reckoners #1)
Author: Brandon Sanderson

Length: 394 pages
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Classification: Young Adult, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Dystopian
Release Date: September 24, 2013
Source: e-book

Ten years ago, Calamity came. It was a burst in the sky that gave ordinary men and women extraordinary powers. The awed public started calling them Epics.But Epics are no friend of man. With incredible gifts came the desire to rule. And to rule man you must crush his will.Nobody fights the Epics . . . nobody but the Reckoners. A shadowy group of ordinary humans, they spend their lives studying Epics, finding their weaknesses, and then assassinating them.And David wants in. He wants Steelheart—the Epic who is said to be invincible. The Epic who killed David's father. For years, like the Reckoners, David's been studying, and planning—and he has something they need. Not an object, but an experience.He's seen Steelheart bleed. And he wants revenge.


I LOVED this book! It was awesome. FANTASTIC! This is my first Brandon Sanderson book. And I really enjoyed his writing, so I plan on looking into some of his other books and add them to my to read list.

I really loved Sanderson's take on Superheroes. In this world superheroes are really called Epics. And they are not your average superheroes that help the troubled and save lives. No Epics are all about themselves. They definitely don't appear to be running around the cities saving people's lives. No, Epics are the ones with the power and the ones that are running things. Controlling the cities. Some of them even take lives. In this book the ones that we would have called Superheroes (guys and gals with abilities/powers) are actually kinda evil. (Well maybe not all of them.)

And that is where the Reckoners come in. They want to take down the Epics.

This book is packed with action. Fast-paced, heart-pounding, incredible action that made the book hard to put down.

I loved the characters! They are all so interesting! And I felt that I could form connections to these characters.

And I felt that it had some really good plot twists. This book kept me guessing. I only made a couple guesses that I felt confident about, and I only got one of them PARTIALLY right.

I finished this book wanting more. I can't wait until the next book in this series comes out!


Click show/hide to view Spoilers.

 


I am really interested to see what happens next. I am so excited that there will be a book 2. According to GoodReads it is titled Firelight and will be published in 2014. Not sure when exactly. But I am looking forward to it.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3