Monday, June 30, 2014

Cress by Marissa Meyer

Title: Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Length: 550 pages
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Classification: Young Adult, Retelling, Science Fiction
Release Date: February 4, 2014
Source: e-book 
In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.
 Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.
 When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has. 

***This is part of a series. There will be spoilers of things that happened in the other book(s) so if you haven't read it and don't want to know things that happened, please stop reading now.***  


I LOVE this series so much.
And I love this book a lot.

This book did not disappoint me at all.

I have really taken my time in writing this review because I am not sure I can find all the right words to describe how much I love this book. And I don't think that this review will be able to convey all of my fangirl love for this book...

Marissa Meyer once again has done an amazing job creating a well-developed world with wonderfully-developed characters making an incredible story.
I love that the author created a wonderfully unique fairy tale retelling for this series. Each book leaves me so impressed with how amazing the story is. She includes major parts of the original fairy tale while still creating a new extraordinary story.
It just blows my mind to think that after loving the first two books in this series, Cress is just as spectacular or maybe even more awesome than the others. It is hard to pick a favorite, but I think Cress just might be my favorite from the entire series so far.
I was left wanting more. I didn't want this book to end. And I cannot wait until Winter comes out next November!

The Story:

Book three is a wonderful continuation of the series. It picks up pretty much where Scarlet left off. Cinder, Thorne, Wolf, and Scarlet are now on the run. They decide to try and get Cress, so they can use her help to finally go after Queen Levana. Things get crazy. And the group gets separated. I found this to be interesting and it just really added to the story. We get to see some characters develop and it is just awesome. And since the group was separated, we get to read from a couple different points of view. Which I really liked doing.
I was completely hooked to the story and all the things that were happening for each of the characters.
I found this one to be full of action, adventure, friendship, and awesomeness.

The Characters:

Not only do we have the characters that we already know and love, but we get to officially meet Cress. (Even though we had a glimpse of her in Cinder.)

It is incredible that the author has so many main characters, and it is too hard for me to pick one single favorite. I love them all so much. These are characters that I wish could be real so they could be my best friends. And with each book, my love for these characters grows stronger.

Cress is just an amazing character. I really enjoyed reading about her and from her point of view.  She has been locked up in that satellite for a long time, yet she is not completely crazy. But she is a little awkward. Which makes me really relate with her. I LOVE her creativity and imagination. I love her way of coping. And I love that she tries to see the good in things. I felt that she is full of hope. I adored her feelings towards love and romance, she is just so sweet and innocent as well. And I absolutely adored the scenes and conversations between her and Thorne. I really love her character development through the story as well.
 And she is so smart. Which is completely awesome.
I love that Meyer has created strong, smart, brave female characters. Characters that deserve to be heroines and looked up to.
I especially loved that there was more Thorne in this book. Since I love him so much. I really enjoyed getting to see his character develop. He is swoon-worthy. And I think I love him even more after reading this one...(if that is possible!)
And of course Cinder is in the book. All the scenes with her were also really interesting. I kept wanting to know what she was going to do next and what was going to happen to her. I loved watching her character continue to develop.
I thought that Wolf and Scarlet had a bit smaller role in this book, but they were not left out. And I am looking forward to reading more about them as well in the next installment.
Iko! As funny as ever. I love Iko so much, and I just adored her in this book.
And also Kai. He has a lot to deal with in this book. Pretty much all the stuff with Queen Levana. And I really liked the parts that included him and some of what he was going through. I am interested to see what happens next with his character.

My Recommendation:
This is a book series that I pretty much mention to every one. I have convinced some of my friends to give this series a try. It is one of my all-time favorite series.
I highly recommend this one to anyone that has already read the first two stories.
And if you haven't, then I highly recommend THIS SERIES to anyone that likes unique fairy tale retellings and science fiction. Amazing series. Love it so much!

My Rating: 
5+ I give this book (this series) all the stars in the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3