Sunday, January 8, 2017

Duncan the Story Dragon by Amanda Driscoll

My Bookish Itinerary - Cutie Pie's Shelf - Children's Book Review

Title: Duncan the Story Dragon

Author: Amanda Driscoll
Length: 40 pages
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Classification: Children's Book
Release Date: June 9, 2015
Source: Library Book
A charming story about the joys of reading that is perfect for fans of Dog Loves Books and Stellaluna.
Duncan the Dragon loves to read. When he reads a story, his imagination catches fire! Unfortunately…so does his book.
Fire breath is great for roasting marshmallows, but it’s not so great for reading. Duncan just wants to get to those two wonderful words, like the last sip of a chocolate milk shake: The End. Will he ever find out how the story ends?
This bright, warm tale champions determination, friendship, and a love for books. And milk shakes.

Cutie Pie is 9 years old & Cutie Pie #2 is 5 years old


First Thoughts:

Cutie Pie: I think that this is a really nice book.

Cutie Pie #2: I LOVE IT!

What is this book about?

Cutie Pie #1: It is about a dragon who wanted to be able to hear the end of the story, so he tries to find a friend to read to him.

Cutie Pie #2: A dragon trying to get someone to read a book to him.

What was your favorite part of the story?

Cutie Pie: I liked it when he found a friend to read with.

Cutie Pie #2: All of it! 

Why did you like it?

Cutie Pie: Because it warmed me up inside. It makes me happy!

Cutie Pie #2: Because it made me happy.

Is there anything you didn't like about this book?

Cutie Pie: No, I loved it all.

Cutie Pie #2: Nope, I love all of it. LOVE!

Do you like the illustrations?

Cutie Pie: Yes, they are great!

Cutie Pie #2: Yes.

Who do you think will like this book?

Cutie Pie: Everyone!

Cutie Pie #2: Everybody!


Rating:

Cutie Pie:


Cutie Pie #2


I really enjoyed reading Duncan the Story Dragon with my girls! This story is just so adorable! This is a story about a dragon that LOVES to read books. Only he has a problem finishing the story because he accidentally catches the books on fire before he has the chance to find out what happens. Duncan tries so many different things, trying not to catch the books on fire, but unfortunately nothing has worked. He then decides to find a friend to read to read the story with. So Duncan sets off on a quest to find a reading friend.

I really loved reading this story and both of my girls did too. Duncan is a very likable character and he makes you want to help him. This story has the love of reading all throughout the book. It is also a book about finding friendship. The illustrations are perfectly lovely. I seriously loved everything about this book.

I highly recommend reading this storybook! It is wonderful for adults who love reading and want to share that passion. It is also a good story to share with kids that are reluctant readers. Seeing a character who loves reading so much, as well as, the reasons why that character loves reading might inspire their own imagination and desire to read too.

Duncan the Story Dragon is a very creative and entertaining story. We loved reading it and I think this is a story that we will love to read over and over again. I definitely will be checking out other books by Amanda Driscoll!

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3