Sunday, December 21, 2014

There Was A Cold Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow by Lucille Colandro

Title: There Was A Cold Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow
Author: Lucille Colandro
Illustrator: Jared Lee
Length: 32 pages
Publisher: Scholastic
Classification: Children's Book
Release Date: December 2013

Here's the newest twist on the familiar tale of There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly.There was a cold lady who swallowed some snow.I don't know why she swallowed some snow.Perhaps you know.This time, the old lady is swallowing everything from snow to a pipe, some coal, a hat, and more! With rollicking, rhyming text and funny illustrations, this lively version will appeal to young readers with every turn of the page. And this time, there's a surprise at the end no reader will be able to guess!
 Cutie Pie's Thoughts:

What is this book about?
A cold lady swallowing a bunch of stuff.

What was your favorite part of the story?
The end of the story.

Why did you like it?
Because it was funny.

Is there anything you didn't like about this book?
Nope, I liked it all.

Do you like the illustrations?
Yes.

Who do you think will like this book?
Everyone that likes funny books. 

Cutie Pie’s Rating:


My Thoughts:

This is a pretty good addition to the Old Lady Who Swallowed... books. We have been collecting them for a few months now because both of my girls enjoy the stories.
I find this story to be a good addition, but it isn't my favorite of all the books.
I like that the story is repetitive, which allows children to become active during reading. My girls enjoy helping me repeat what the Cold Lady has swallowed.
But I didn't really like the rhymes in this one. It just didn't flow as well as I like. Which is a minor thing. It didn't keep my girls from enjoying the story and they had a lot of fun finding out what the Cold Lady built at the end. And I do like the winter theme of the book.
It might not be one that I enjoyed a whole lot, but my girls laughed and love reading this one.


My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3