Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #5: I'll Meet You There


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
Publication Date: February 3, 2015
Publisher: Henry Holt & Co.

(source)
If seventeen-year-old Skylar Evans were a typical Creek View girl, her future would involve a double-wide trailer, a baby on her hip, and the graveyard shift at Taco Bell. But after graduation, the only thing standing between straightedge Skylar and art school are three minimum-wage months of summer. Skylar can taste the freedom—that is, until her mother loses her job and everything starts coming apart. Torn between her dreams and the people she loves, Skylar realizes everything she’s ever worked for is on the line.
Nineteen-year-old Josh Mitchell had a different ticket out of Creek View: the Marines. But after his leg is blown off in Afghanistan, he returns home, a shell of the cocksure boy he used to be. What brings Skylar and Josh together is working at the Paradise—a quirky motel off California’s dusty Highway 99. Despite their differences, their shared isolation turns into an unexpected friendship and soon, something deeper. 


Why Am I Excited For This Book?
So I was excited about this book before I even read the summary! This year I read Something Real by Heather Demetrios and fell in love. I love the story and the characters. And I love Heather's writing style. After reading that book, I decided I wanted to read all of her future books. Another reason I am looking forward to this book is because of the letter that Heather wrote that was sent out with the ARCs. No, I didn't receive an ARC (I wish) but Heather did post the beautifully moving letter HERE on her blog.
I'm looking forward to this book because I think it can be a beautiful, powerful, and moving story. 

What book are you waiting on this Wednesday? Are you looking forward to I'll Meet You There?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3