Friday, May 8, 2015

Feature & Follow Friday #6: Deciding Which Books to Read Next

This weekly meme is hosted by Parajunkee & Alison Can Read!

HOW IT WORKS:

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you visit the blogs of our illustrious hosts and leave your name on the post using using the linky tools, then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

What sets this Hop apart from others, is our Feature. Each week we will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Find out below. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow our Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy. How do you follow someone? Well, if you have a preference, state it in your #FF post. A lot of blogs are transitioning to Wordpress in which they do not have the luxury of GFC, so an RSS subscription is appreciated or if you choose an email subscription. If you don't have GFC please state in your post how you would like to be followed.

THIS WEEKS QUESTION: 

How do you decide what books to read? – So Many Books, So Little Time


MY ANSWER:

ARCs and E-galleys I usually pick by release date.
My finished copies, I usually pick based on which books I am most excited about or have been wanting to read for a while.
But I am also a mood reader, so sometimes I will pick which book to read based on what I am really in the mood for. 
I have been thinking about making a TBR jar to pick from, but I haven't yet.

                      


Thanks for visiting my blog!

19 comments:

  1. I'm a big mood reader. However I really like the act of organizing and ordering my TBR list. But then, I usually don't follow it. Or I end up jumping around. I am just waiting to start creating my summer to read list.

    New Follower. You can check me out at http://goo.gl/dSxDfX Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I am constantly making TBR lists, but I also don't always stick to it. I try to be organized. Mostly I just try to make a list each month of books I hope to read at some point during that month. Then I am happy if I actually achieve it.
      I'm looking forward to making a summer TBR too.
      Thanks for stopping by and for the follow! :D

      Delete
  2. It sounds like we have similar methods! My ARCs always come first if possible then any new releases that I'm really excited about :)

    Following via Twitter, GFC & Bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for similar methods! :D
      Thank you for stopping by and for the follows!

      Delete
  3. A few people have commented about the TBR jar, that sounds like such a fun idea! I think I'll need to try that one :)
    Following on Bloglovin & GFC :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound like a fun idea! I am a bit intimidated by it though because I have SO MANY books on my TBR. But I was thinking of starting with just a few books that I have really been meaning to read and go from there...we'll see.
      Hope it works for you.
      Thanks for stopping by and for the follows! :D

      Delete
    2. I agree that it does sound kind of intimidating, especially since I've had some books on my TBR list for years, who knows if I'd really still want to read them Lol

      Delete
  4. A jar to pick from is a fun idea. I should try something like that sometime. I usually just go with mood, other than reading ARCs first.

    New follower!
    My FF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does sound like a fun idea! :D
      Thanks for stopping by and for the follow!

      Delete
  5. Great answer! I'm pretty bad about ARCs... I'm working on that though! Old follower :)

    Here's my F&F!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a mood reader too! Though I love getting excited for a new book release. Thank you for stopping by. :)
    New Bloglovin follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love getting excited for new book releases too! :D
      Thanks for stopping by and for following! :D

      Delete
  7. I'm also thinking of making a TBR jar, but I could totally see myself cheating on it. :))

    New follower via GFC
    Fathomless Reveries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I could see myself doing that too. :D
      Thanks for stopping by and for following!

      Delete
  8. I'm a big fan of Goodreads! Thanks for stopping by!
    New follower via GFC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I LOVE Goodreads. :D
      Thanks for stopping by and for following!

      Delete
  9. Sounds like we do things fairly similar. I do my ARCs first by release date also, but then I just pick from my TBR based on what sounds really good to me at that time. New follower via GFC, bloglovin and G+

    Shannon @ The Tale Temptress' FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to stick to the monthly TBR I make, but I tend to just pick what I am in the mood for as well (after ARCs).
      Thanks so much for stopping by and for following! :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3