Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #21: Some Favorite TV Shows That Are Currently Still On TV


Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Their blog can be found here.

July 15: Let's talk about other types of stories! Top Ten Favorite Movies or TV Shows! (can break it down to top ten favorite romance movies or comedy shows etc. etc.)

I am a big fan of TV shows and movies. I really enjoy watching them. And I am not going to be able to limit myself to just ten, so I am cheating on this TTT. But I am going to share ten of my favorite TV shows that are CURRENTLY on TV. (I have tons that are no longer on like Veronica Mars, Gilmore Girls, Friends, Buffy, Charmed, etc...)

***Please don't post any spoilers for any of these shows. A lot of them I am behind on due to not getting the channel, so I catch up on them on Netflix and buying DVD's. So there is a VERY good chance that I haven't seen the latest season(s) of some/all of these shows. Thanks!***
In no particular order:

(source)
Pretty Little Liars
I am pretty addicted to this show. It completely pulls me in and sometimes I really have no idea what is going on. I have been watching it pretty much since season 1. And I used to watch the episodes on ABC Family's webpage, but now you have to have a cable provider, so I simply wait until they are up on Netflix Instant Stream and then binge watch the episodes.



(source)
New Girl
I love this show so much. I love Zooey Deschanel, which is the reason I started watching this show. Then I fell in love with it. It makes me laugh so much and I love the characters and the crazy things that happen. 




(source)
The Walking Dead
I am only on the middle of Season 3 of this show. But this is one that my guy and I watch together. And one that we don't watch when the girls are awake, so it limits when we can watch it. But I am very interested in the story and most of the characters. Can't wait to see what happens next. 




(source)

Switched at Birth
I love this show. And I love that there is diversity in this show. This show keeps me very interested in what will happen next. And I love the friendships and relationships in the show. 




(source)
The Big Bang Theory
I love watching this show. I don't care if people think that it is scientifically inaccurate. I love the characters. I love the friendships and relationships. I laugh every episode. And I love the "geeky" stuff. (I love board games...*cough: Catan: cough* Love the superheroes. Love the guest stars. Love the show.



(source)
Bones
I started watching this show SEVERAL years ago thanks to finding out that David Boreanaz was in the show and I loved him in Buffy. And then I ended up becoming fascinated with the show. I sometimes (well a lot of the time) get grossed out, but I am still intrigued. I love the characters a lot.




(source)
Haven
My Mom introduced me to this show. She started watching it since it is based on Stephen King's The Colorado Kid. At first I wasn't sure I would like it, but I go sucked in. It has interesting characters. (I LOVE Nathan...just saying....) And the story is awesome. I'm very glad that I watch it.



(source)

Castle
I started watching this one because I love Nathan Fillion. (He is just so funny!) And I became very engrossed by the show. I like the characters. I also like the mysteries that they solve and the ways they solve the case. 



(source)
Once Upon a Time
I have been watching this show since it first started. And I know there are a lot of people that don't seem to like the show anymore, but I still enjoy watching it. I haven't finished the last season yet, but I am looking forward to finishing it and seeing what happens when Season 4 starts this fall. 



(source)
Hart of Dixie
Started watching this one for Rachel Bilson. And I am glad that I did. I love this show so much. I love the characters. I love the little quirky town. I love Wade. I am able to keep up with this show, because I watch it steaming through the CW app on our Xbox 360. And I can't wait until the next season starts!


                                                                   
(source)
   Game of Thrones
I don't get HBO. So I am behind on this show. Like I haven't even watched Season 2 yet. But I really loved watching Season 1 with my guy. And I am looking forward to us being able to watch the following seasons together. We will just always be a bit behind. Which sucks, but I don't mind because at least I will eventually be able to watch this amazing show!



(source)
Reign
I started watching this show when it first aired. I watched it through the CW app on our Xbox 360. I watched the first like 6 or 7 episodes (I was addicted) then I missed an episode in December. And I didn't see it before they took it down. I didn't want to continue without watching it, so I stopped. Now I am dying to watch the rest of Season 1 so I can watch Season 2. I am crossing my fingers that they will add it to Netflix Instant soon!


(source)

Supernatural

I started watching this show when it first started. I still remember seeing the pilot when it first aired. 
But I didn't really keep up with it, and started watching it again later on after my Mom let me borrow Seasons 1 and 2 on Dvd. Then I became hooked. I am SO behind on this show. I haven't watched seasons 8 or 9 yet. I really hope to catch up soon. I love Jared and Jensen. (I love Jim Beaver too!) And I am really interested to see all the craziness that happens. 

What are some of your favorite TV shows that you currently watch? Are there shows that you love watching, but you are currently behind like me? What are some shows that you are addicted to?

13 comments:

  1. I want to try Once Upon a Time! I love retellings and everyone seems to love that show...ohhh, and Game of Thrones? I'd loooove to try that but I'm a bit worried. Hehe. I would like to read the books too, but they're huge and therefore daunting. Still! I'll get the courage one day! My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, the books are huge. I have been wanting to read them, and even started the first one a while ago. I need to go back to it and start it again.
      I hope you watch Once Upon a Time. I really like the show, but I know there are some that don't enjoy it as much as I do.

      Delete
  2. I love Pretty Little Liars and Reign!!! Especially Reign! I'm dying for the next season!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Reign is so good. I am dying to finish the season so I can watch next season as it is on. Only a few more months! :D

      Delete
  3. I LOVE Supernatural! I also like most of the shows you listed (Castle, Once Upon a Time, Switched At Birth, Bones, & The Walking Dead)! I'm dying waiting for Supernatural and The Walking Dead to resume! Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! They are all good shows. I would be dying for the next seasons of those two shows if I was all caught up too. I know I am really anxious to catch up on them. Thanks, and glad you like the shows too! :D

      Delete
  4. I love Haven sooo much!! I also lover Supernatural. I forgot to put that one on my list actually and am shocked about that!!. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel that way sometimes too, when something I really like or love slips from my mind for these TTT posts, then I see it on someone else's and I get so surprised with myself for forgetting it.

      Delete
  5. I'm pathetic because I haven't watched any of those, except for a few episodes of Big Bang Theory. I need to watch more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not pathetic! I just watch a lot of TV shows. I watch movies, but not as many as I do TV. And there are tons of shows I haven't watched yet and want to.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Totally agree, Duke is awesome. I like him a lot. But...Nathan. I just love him, so much. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watch pretty little liars, and at first I liked it. But after a few season's I got so annoyed with new to nothing be reviled, I now watch it out of boredom.

    I want to get into New Girl and love The Walking Dead, The Big Bang Theory, Once Upon a Time, Game of Thrones.

    Supernatural was my all time favourite TV show up until the start of season 6. The original writer of the show didn't want it to run further than season 5. he wanted it to end there when he was on top, but they switched writers in order to carry it on. It sorta gone down hill in my eyes.

    Great list and thank you for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I agree with Supernatural. The beginning seasons are awesome. I especially love seasons 1 and 2. But it is one of those shows that I want to watch til the end.
      Thanks for stopping by. :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3