2016 Virtual Adult Summer Reading Program!
Here is how it works.
Between now (the first day of Summer) June 20th thru September 5th 2016, we encourage you to read as many books as you can. These can be books you have been meaning to read, or you can now select one of the lists that we created below based on your interest. The most important thing in all of it is to have fun reading!
We have picked the theme “Get Hooked On Books” for Summer 2016. To that end, the levels that you will be reading are based off that theme. Your level will be calculated at the end of the summer and based off that you will be eligible to win awesome prizes! In order to win the prizes at the end of summer, you must sign up using the linky below and provide us with your status during our monthly posts in July, August, and September.
Guppy Read 1 to 5 books
Minnow Read 6 to 10 books
Fishing Jig Read 11 to 16 books
Spin Bait Read 17 to 24 books
Book Worm (ha get it!) Read 25 or more books
I am so excited to participate in this Summer Reading Program. Last summer, I didn't read very much at all. I had the biggest reading slump. I think I ended up reading maybe 5 books the entire summer. So I am hoping this will help motivate me to read a bit more this summer.
I have decided to aim high and my goal is 25 books. I have decided to do a mix book list for my summer reading.
Here are the 25 books that I hope to read this summer:
- Dumplin' by Julie Murphy
- Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
- Even in Paradise by Chelsey Philpot
- The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine
- Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway
- Never Never by Brianna Shrum
- The Chapel Wars by Lindsey Leavitt
- The Fine Art of Pretending by Rachel Harris
- Hello? by Liza M. Wiemer
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
- A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
- Two Summers by Aimee Friedman
- The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer #1) by Jenny Han
- It's Not Summer Without You (Summer #2) by Jenny Han
- We'll Always Have Summer (Summer #3) by Jenny Han
- Just a Girl by Ellie Cahill
- Famous in Love (Famous in Love #1) by Rebecca Serle
- How to Love by Katie Cotugno
- Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
- The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles #1) by Mary E. Pearson
- The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles #2) by Mary E. Pearson
- The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles #3) by Mary E. Pearson
- The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins
- The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
Are you participating in this Summer Reading Program? What is your goal? Any books you're looking forward to reading this summer?