Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #39: A Week of Mondays


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

A Week of Mondays by Jessica Brody


Publication Date: August 2, 2016
Publisher: Farrar, Straus, and Giroux


Waiting on Wednesday at My Bookish Itinerary

When I made the wish, I just wanted a do-over. Another chance to make things right. I never, in a million years, thought it might actually come true... 
Sixteen-year-old Ellison Sparks is having a serious case of the Mondays. She gets a ticket for running a red light, she manages to take the world’s worst school picture, she bombs softball try-outs and her class election speech (note to self: never trust a cheerleader when she swears there are no nuts in her bake-sale banana bread), and to top it all off, Tristan, her gorgeous rocker boyfriend suddenly dumps her. For no good reason!
As far as Mondays go, it doesn’t get much worse than this. And Ellie is positive that if she could just do it all over again, she would get it right. So when she wakes up the next morning to find she’s reliving the exact same day, she knows what she has to do: stop her boyfriend from breaking up with her. But it seems no matter how many do-overs she gets or how hard Ellie tries to repair her relationship, Tristan always seems bent set on ending it. Will Ellie ever figure out how to fix this broken day? Or will she be stuck in this nightmare of a Monday forever?
A story about second (and third and fourth and fifth) chances. Because sometimes it takes a whole week of Mondays to figure out what you really want.

Why Am I Excited For This Book?


I really enjoyed reading Jessica Brody's Unremembered a couple years ago (I really need to reread it and read the other two books now that I have all three) so I didn't hesitate to add this book to my TBR simply because she wrote it. I am really excited to read it because it sounds so interesting. I really can't wait to read it. (I also really like the cover!)

What book are you waiting on this Wednesday?

2 comments:

  1. Oooo! I'm reading this one almost next (more like next week, but close enough). I can't wait! I've liked some of Brody's books in the past, the ones I've read. I hope this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Stephanie. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you enjoy reading it! I've only read Unremembered, but I liked it. I really need to finish that trilogy and read her Contemporary books. (I have most of them, so I should really do that soon.)
      Thanks so much for stopping by! And I hope you have a wonderful week as well!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3