Friday, November 28, 2014

Mini-Review: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

Title: Crown of Midnight
(Throne of Glass #2)
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Length: 418 pages
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Classification: Young Adult, Fantasy
Release Date: August 27, 2013
Source: Hardback
Read: October 2014
"A line that should never be crossed is about to be breached.It puts this entire castle in jeopardy—and the life of your friend."
From the throne of glass rules a king with a fist of iron and a soul as black as pitch. Assassin Celaena Sardothien won a brutal contest to become his Champion. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown. She hides her secret vigilantly; she knows that the man she serves is bent on evil.
Keeping up the deadly charade becomes increasingly difficult when Celaena realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. As she tries to untangle the mysteries buried deep within the glass castle, her closest relationships suffer. It seems no one is above questioning her allegiances—not the Crown Prince Dorian; not Chaol, the Captain of the Guard; not even her best friend, Nehemia, a foreign princess with a rebel heart.
Then one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to give up the very thing most precious to her and decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie...and whom she is ultimately willing to fight for.
GoodReads || Amazon || Barnes & Noble || Books-a-Million



Wow! Just, wow!
I think Sarah is a genius.
I loved reading this book so much! I can't decide if I like it more than Throne of Glass. I think I like them equally because they are both amazing books!

I have decided to write a mini review for this book because I am not sure I will be able to find all the words to describe how much I love this book and this series. (All I want to do is flail and fangirl about it!) 

This is an incredible sequel to Throne of Glass
Sarah continues to wow and amaze me with her beautiful writing and complex world-building.

This book grabbed me from the beginning and threw me back into the beautifully detailed world of Celaena Sardothien. I did not want to put this book down. It is just so addicting!

So much happens in this book. There is a lot of action and some romance. 

This book also gave me a wide variety of emotions! I was happy, (heart bursting happiness), mad, frustrated, and heartbroken. (I do think this book brought a few tears to my eyes!)

My Recommendation:
I love this sequel. I think it is just as good (if not maybe a little better than) as Throne of Glass (And that is a huge compliment because ToG is amazing)! If you love ToG and haven't read this one yet, do it! And if for some reason you have read either....binge read these soon! Because I think they are incredible!

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3