Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Princess And The Pig by Jonathan Emmett and Poly Bernatene

Title: The Princess And The Pig
Author: Jonathan Emmett
Illustrator: Poly Bernatene
Length: 32 pages
Publisher: Walker & Company 
Classification: Children's Book, Fantasy, Fairy Tale
Release Date: September 27, 2011
Source: library book
There's been a terrible mix-up in the royal nursery. Priscilla the princess has accidentally switched places with Pigmella, the farmer's new piglet. The kindly farmer and his wife believe it's the work of a good witch, while the ill-tempered king and queen blame the bad witch-after all, this happens in fairy tales all the time! While Priscilla grows up on the farm, poor yet very happy, things don't turn out quite so well for Pigmella. Kissing a frog has done wonders before, but will it work for a pig?  Sure to hog all the attention, this story's frequent nods to well-known fairy tales such as Sleeping Beauty, The Frog Princess, and Thumbelina-plus hilarious illustrations-will delight readers of any age. 



Cutie Pie's Thoughts:


What is this book about?
About a princess getting switched with a pig.

What was your favorite part of the story?
How they thought everything was how it worked in books.

Why did you like it?
Because it wasn't right, it wasn't what was happening.

Is there anything you didn't like about this book?
Nope, I LOVE it all.

Do you like the illustrations?
Yes, they were very good.

Who do you think will like this book?
Whoever likes funny stories.


Cutie Pie's Rating:


My Thoughts:

While browsing the children's book section at our local library, this title caught my eye. My daughters enjoy reading books that has princesses in it. So I pulled it out and showed them the cover and asked if we should check it out.
I am so glad that we stumbled upon this book!
Such a cute story! And it isn't your typical fairy tale princess story. I love the story and the pictures!

A kind farmer on his way home with his newly acquired piglet named Pigmella, stop to rest in the shade beside a castle. The queen is spending time with her baby daughter, Priscilla, on the castle balcony. And she ends up dropping the princess off the balcony (without noticing)! The baby princess lands in the farmer's cart which makes the piglet fly through the air and into the baby's crib. And the story continues from there.
I absolutely loved how the characters kept referring to the events as "It's the sort of thing that happens all the time in books."
This book kept us all entertained the entire time I read it to my girls. We all laughed and smiled. It is a wonderful read.
I love everything about this book. And the illustrations are beautiful! They really help bring the story alive!
I highly recommend reading this fun story!

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3