Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pirates of the Sea! by Brandon Dorman


Title: Pirates of the Sea!
Author: Brandon Dorman
Length: 32 pages
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Classification: Children's Book, Adventure, Pirates
Release Date: April 26, 2011
Source: library book
"No cryin'No dyin'No brushin' yer teeth!No stealin'No squealin'No eatin' Parrot Pete!No nappin'No scrappin'No wimpy moans or groans!No veggiesNo wedgiesNo disobeyin' Cap'n Bones!" It's the pirate code! Do you pledge? Do you agree? Then open this book to join the crew on the Dragonfish of Doom and become a pirate of the sea! 



 Cutie Pie's Thoughts:

What is this book about?
About pirates sailing the sea to find treasure.

What was your favorite part of the story?
How Cap'n Bones saved the day.

Why did you like it?
Because Cap'n Bones was fighting a big dragon monster thing, I think it is called a serpent. Then fought him by spitting in his eye.

Is there anything you didn't like about this book?
No, it was good.

Do you like the illustrations?
I liked them. They are awesome!

Who do you think will like this book?
Everyone that likes pirates and adventures.


Cutie Pie's Rating:

My Thoughts:

This is a fun and entertaining story.
I really like the rhyming. And it really made me want to read it in a pirate voice while reading it to my girls.
Both girls enjoyed the story, although I think my youngest (3) cared more about the pictures than what was being read. The pictures are fun and bright and have a lot of detail.
The story is fun. The pirates are about to embark on a new quest to find some treasure. They encounter some trouble along the way. The names are funny and really give the story that extra pirate feel.
I think that older children, K-3 would really enjoy this story. Definitely an exciting story full of adventure to read with children that like pirates!
I recommend giving it a read.


My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3