Saturday, November 29, 2014

The To Be Read Tag


Thanks Cassi @ My Thoughts...Literally! for tagging me!
She tagged me back at the end of October, but it has taken me a long time to get this post written up.


How do you keep track of your TBR pile?
I don't really do a very good job at keeping track of my TBR pile because there are SO MANY books that I have that I haven't read yet. I do have a To-Read list on GoodReads, but I really should update it more because there are 601 books on that list, and I add more to the list practically every day. And I probably don't even have all of the books I own on the list yet. 
I also have some stacks of books that I hope to read soon. These books are mostly recent books I have purchased or won.
I also am a list maker. I have lists of some books I have been really wanting to read. Some e-books that I have really been wanting to read. And I also make lists for E-galleys that I get. And a list of ARCs I have won.

Is your TBR mostly print or ebook?
Both. I own a ton of both print and ebook that I need to read. I enjoy reading both formats.

How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?
Each month, I write down a list of books that I HOPE to read that month. It would be nice to get them all read and then some. But most of the time, I don't get them all read. The list first starts with any e-galleys or ARCs that I still need to read that are going to be released soon. And those go to the top of the list arranged by date. Then I make a list of some of my most anticipated reads that I own that I would like to read.
But mood reading has been getting in the way here lately.

A book that's been on your TBR list the longest?
There are so many. But the first book that comes too mind is The Great Gatsby. I have been meaning to read that book for a long time now, and still haven't read it. 

A book that you recently added to your TBR pile?
(source)
This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales. It is the latest book that I have added to my TBR shelf on GoodReads. But it has been on my radar for a long time. I can't believe I didn't add it before a few days ago. I just bought an e-book copy of the book, so I will be able to read it soon.




A book on your TBR strictly because of its beautiful cover:
Hmmm. The first book that I can think of that I added to my TBR list simply because I like the cover is The Luxe by Anna Godbersen. (Well the entire series actually. I still need to read them, I have all but the last one.)
Book Covers Borrowed From Goodreads.com

A book on your TBR that you NEVER plan on actually reading:
(source)
This one is really tough for me. I try to not put books on my TBR that I really don't plan to read eventually. But with that being said, I do have OVER 600 books on there, and am constantly adding more. So truthfully, there are probably some that I won't get to.
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is one that I might never get to. I bought the book at a huge book sale (got the whole trilogy there actually) a couple years ago. I hope that I will eventually get to it because I think it looks like a good book. But it isn't high up on my TBR list right now.




An unpublished book on your TBR that you're excited for:
(source)
SO MANY BOOKS. I don't think I can pick just one. I am really excited for a bunch of books that come out next year! (Which I will be sharing on several Top Ten Tuesday lists and Waiting on Wednesday posts coming up in the future.)
And it is SO HARD to pick only one, and I don't want to keep you all here forever (which would happen if I listed all the books I am so excited about!)
One that I am REALLY excited for is A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas.
I LOVE Sarah's writing and her Throne of Glass books so far. She quickly became an author on my WILL BUY ALL HER BOOKS list. And I just can't wait to get to read this book. And the cover. Just, so amazing. I love the cover. Just thinking about this book gets my heart beating and makes me want to flail. 

A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read except you:
I feel like everyone has read Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard and I haven't yet. I have really been wanting to  though. I just got the books for my birthday present from my #OTSPSecretSister! So I am really excited to get to read them soon!
Book Covers Borrowed From Goodreads.com
A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you:
The first book that I can think of that has been recommended to me is Dangerous Girls. I posted on Twitter a while back asking for a must read book and Brittany @ The Book Addict's Guide recommended it to me. I really need to read it soon. But first I need to pick up a copy. (I thought I had won one, but it never got here. Long story. So, I kept putting off buying one.)

A book on your TBR that you're dying to read:
This is another SO MANY BOOKS answer. I have a ton of books on my TBR that I am dying to read. And the list could go on forever. So to name a few books that have been on my list that I have recently bought (and haven't mentioned yet in this post) are:

Hopefully I will get to read them soon. 

I think a lot of you have already done this tag. 

I tag:
Alex @ BooksyDaisy
Keira & Nikki @ Lazy Book Lovers

And I also tag YOU. If you are reading this and haven't done the TBR Book Tag yet, and you want to...Tag you're it! And I hope you have fun writing the post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3