Saturday, November 1, 2014

October Highlights

Time is flying by. October is already over and now we are entering my favorite two months of the year! I LOVE November and December. Always have. My birthday and Thanksgiving are in November, so I love getting cake, pie, and turkey! And I love December. I love the decorating for Christmas (AFTER Thanksgiving). 
I didn't read as many books as I anticipated this month, but I am still happy with what I did read. 


Books Read:
  1. Unbreakable (The Legion #1) by Kami Garcia
  2. Unmarked (The Legion #2) by Kami Garcia
  3. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
  4. My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories edited by Stephanie Perkins
  5. Crown of Glass (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas
  6. Blood of My Blood (Jasper Dent #3) by Barry Lyga
  7. Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School #1) by Gail Carriger
  8. The Walled City by Ryan Graudin


Challenge Updates:

2014 GoodReads Challenge:

Goal Reached! My goal for the year was to read 75 books.
Current: 99 books

*I have started to count Children's Chapter Books for my book challenge, since I already met my goal. And I have decided to start reading the Magic Tree House series. (Cutie Pie LOVES these books).

2014 Series Challenge:

Complete Series = 10

This month I completed:

Jasper Dent trilogy by Barry Lyga

Started:

Finishing School by Gail Carriger

2014: Dystopia Challenge:

Completed = 20 books

Read:
None this month.

2014 Retellings Challenge:

Completed- 4 Books

Read:
None this month.

Bookish Goal: YA Retellings:

Current Total: 9 read out of 162 books

Bookish Goal: The Age of YA :

Current Total: 6 read out of 140 books

Other Highlights I'm Excited About:

  • With the help of Brittany @ Please Feed The Book Worm and Kate @ Kate Tilton, we are hosting a readalong for Compulsion by Martina Boone! The Readalong is November 9-23rd! You can learn more and sign up to join us HERE
  • So excited to have gotten a copy of The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black (Out Jan. 2015) from the NOVL newsletter!

How was your October? What was your favorite read for the month? Happy November Reading! And Happy Writing for fellow NaNoWriMo-ers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3