Monday, January 19, 2015

Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas

Title: Heir of Fire
(Throne of Glass #3)
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Length: 562 pages
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Classification: Young Adult, Fantasy
Release Date: September 2, 2014
Source: Hardback
Read: December 2014
Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy. 
While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love?

***This book is part of a series, so there are spoilers for the previous books! If you haven't read those books yet, you will find out things that happened.***

It is so hard for me to organize my thoughts, feelings, and love for this book. But I am going to try...

This book is AMAZING!


When I read (and fell in love with) Throne of Glass, I thought about how fantastic the book is. Then I was worried that the next book might not be as amazing, but I was wrong. I loved Crown of Midnight as much as book one.
With each book in this series my love for the characters, the world and the author continues to grow!
Heir of Fire blew me away!


Celaena has traveled to a new kingdom to face her new destiny. Though she has a hard time accepting what has happened because she is still hurt and broken by the death of her best friend. She must work through her pain and find the answers she needs to be able to stop the King in time. 

I love how things start to become clearer in this book, yet I still find everything to be complex.
The characters and the world building are so full of life and details.
To me it feels like most of the fog was lifted away and the view left me breathless.

I am really looking forward to the next book revealing even more about these wonderful characters and fascinating world!

Heir of Fire gave me a lot of different feelings, from sorrow, to happiness (and some giddiness), frustration, desire, and heartbreak.


There were twists and surprises that I didn't see coming and left me speechless!

I also think that there is a lot of character development in this book. Especially Celaena's character development! 

Celaena discovers more about her past and how that will chance her future. She has to learn to accept what has happened and what is currently happening. I have always seen her as a strong character, and I love watching her strength grow as the series progresses! 

Chaol and Dorian are both dealing with what they believe and what they each should do in this book. I enjoyed their storylines too. I have so many feelings about these characters! 

One of my favorite things about this story is how Maas introduces us to a couple of new characters, and I become pretty much immediately attached to them. I needed to know more about these characters and how they will affect the story.

In Heir of Fire, we meet Manon. At first I was pretty confused about the addition of her character point of view to the story. But as the story continued on, I found myself pretty fascinated about her storyline and her character in general. It is definitely a shift from reading the other points of view. I really enjoyed her addition to the story and the new things learned from meeting her!


We also meet Rowan. Oh. My. Goodness. I love him. He is tough and mean. And he knows so much. I found myself waiting to get back to reading more about him and his character. (Not that I don't enjoy reading about Chaol and Dorain as well, because I do!) There is just something about Rowan! My favorite parts of this story were the ones that included him and Celaena. 

I really like Dorian, but I was never really on Team Dorian. And I really love Chaol and would be happy to see Celaena and Chaol end up together. But right now I am TEAM CELAENA. And I do want it known that I really do LOVE Rowan.

After finishing this book, I have been left with longing for book four! I can't wait to see what happens next! I am dying for the next book!


My Recommendation:
READ IT NOW! If you haven't read it yet, you definitely need to. Though I am still not over my feelings about this book. SO MANY EMOTIONS! But I am even more in love with the characters and the story. It is simply amazing and I can't wait to read the next one!

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3