Saturday, January 10, 2015

My Latest Binge: Orphan Black & Corpus Book Series



I really like to binge watch and binge read series! It is so easy to do. And so I wanted to start sharing my latest and current binge watches and binge reads with all of you!



My Latest Binge Watch:

Orphan Black
(source)

A streetwise hustler is pulled into a compelling conspiracy after witnessing the suicide of a girl who looks just like her. -From IMBd

This show! My Mom started watching it and she told me it was one she thinks that I will really like. Amazon Prime currently has Season 1 available to stream for free (if you have an Amazon Prime account.) Which is how I am currently watching it. 
I started watching it a few days ago and was sucked in pretty quickly!
It is interesting and intense. And it can be graphic at times (this is one I don't watch around the kids).
I don't want to stop watching! I can't wait to find out what happens next.
But sadly there are only 10 episodes! At least there are already 2 seasons out (Season two isn't on free stream yet, but once it is I will definitely be binge watching it too!)
Orphan Black is a BBC show. You can find out a lot of information about the show on BBC America's website.
And it looks like Season Three will premiere April 18, 2015!

My Latest Binge Read:

Corpus series by Jessica Khoury

This series is made up of Companion novels (books that take place in the same universe but have different characters) so I guess they can be read in any order. But I really like to stick to the order books are written. 
I am not sure if this is a trilogy or if there will be more. But this is the series that I am binge reading this month (I will read any other books in the series later, if there are any.)
I have an e-galley of Kalahari to read thanks to Penguin's First To Read program. But when I requested it, I didn't realize it was part of a series. 
I already had Orgin, so I bought a copy of Vitro and decided to binge the books. 
I have already finished Origin (review will be posted soon) and I'm reading Vitro right now. 
I am enjoying the books so far. 

Are you currently binge watching or binge reading anything? 
What have you been watching and/or reading lately? (Even if you aren't binge watching/reading anything!)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Orphan Black Stephanie! Last year, in April, we were in New York just before the second season was about to start, so I went to get myself an iTunes gift-card so I could get the whole season as soon as it was on TV in the US. My oldest daughter and I spent a weekend watching the first season, and now we're impatiently waiting for season 3 to start!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment! I read every single one and they make my day! <3